1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 5]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jun 14, 2014.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

awesome episode. probably should have been the season finale last season.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OK, so we still don't know if Beth is alive. Thought we'd see her at Terminus. Or did I miss something?

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am wondering . . .
    if the guys in the car . . .were the guys from the 'THEN' part of the story

Rocket River

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Yeah, story sync says it's not Negan. But I do see that guy has a tattoo that looks like the symbol on the tree Morgan was following.

5. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

This. So much this. I was thinking the exact same thing during that scene.

Overall it was a fun time, though. Also, Carol was already my favorite character after her great arc last season, so watching her save the whole crew was kinda great.

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

In the trailers for this season, you find out that she's being held captive somewhere. So she's very much alive.

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

In the opening scene , did anyone get why that leader guy interrupted the killings ? He came in b****ing at those guys but I have no clue wtf he was talking about .

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought they could kill off anyone anytime on that show but I guess Beth is regular cast and she will stick around for a while

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

A couple of things that were off but nothing major.

In the cargo container Maggie looks at the watch that was given to Glenn. But in last season Rick knew something was up because that main guy apparently had Glenn's watch in his pocket with the chain out.

Anyone else how clean Carol's face got before she reunited with the rest of the crew in the woods?

10. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

On the one hand, I definitely noticed this. On the other hand, meh, it made the happy reunion more photogenic, so I'm fine with it.

11. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

How tragic and funny it would have been if they killed her because they thought she was a walker

12. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

I know many people assumed it was Glenn's watch. But I thought the point was driven home when Carol handled the watch in this week's episode that it was actually the watch Rick gave to Sam (the first dude whose throat was cut) back at the neighborhood. I could be wrong.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Shell counts. How many bullets they'd fired. Didn't make much sense for them to be doing that exactly at that moment. Didn't make much sense for the guy to stop his bat, mid swing, just to answer. I think they wanted to make it look like this was ho hum everyday routine for these guys. That they were completely desensitized to what they were doing. But it would have been more effective if they were having the conversation while killing the first 4 redshirts.

It was just a way to add more tension, but not really adding any because nobody actually believed they were going to kill Glenn in that moment.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah, the whole scene was a decent idea but the execution was pretty poor. Oh well, still a very solid start to the season. Already feels much better than the last couple of seasons.

15. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

He might dodge this bat in the first episode

but i highly doubt he'll dodge the next one :(

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

This pretty much sums up everything about this show. Good ideas, poor execution and attention to detail. It's good for mindless watching, but the writing is poor and many things make no logical sense. Still a fun watch during an empty time slot.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't see anything wrong with that? She cleaned up probably because, like was said, she didn't want the group to think she was a walker and shoot her when she met up with them. All she needed was water from a canteen she probably had on her and a rag. It's not like a continuity issue or something where one moment the camera glimpses her with a dirty face and the next it is clean. Some time had passed since she was in Terminus versus when she found the group.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It would have been awesome and brought the episode up a couple more notches.

19. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Great episode, had something for everyone. Can't believe how some of you nitpick so much. Is this forum full of film majors or people that have worked in TV/movies in the past? We had extreme gore, action, character development, core group being reunited, some flashbacks and back story and future hints.

I loved the trough scene, probably the goriest thing they may have shown on the show, didn't think AMC would have those kind of balls.

Carols character has really come full circle, from the shy woman who accepted the beatings her husband gave her to going full badass and single handedly crumbling terminus. The moment she and Daryl reunited was really touching, I never cared about her character till now.

Ricks character has really come full circle too. This was touched on in the Talking Dead but he is now turning into Shane. He has finally realized what it takes to survive in these times.

I'm really looking forward to where the new showrunner, Scott Gimple is going to take us. He has directed some pretty awesome episodes in the past. I think the show is in great hands.

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

So true. Not everything is going to be as great as Breaking Bad or The Wire or GOT. Walking Dead is still better then 99% of crap on TV.