1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 5]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

What if it's Rick?

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollyw...-fans-are-worried-about-andrew-lincolns-beard

Supposedly Andrew Lincoln shaved his beard off in real life. So either at some point in the show he gets a chance to shave or...

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So...

Shall we start a Beth Appreciation thread. And can I bring the appetizers? :grin:

3. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

No more Bethisodes!!

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

DAYUMMMMM!!! HEADSHOT!!

5. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Who's the guy who walked into the church at the end?

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I didn't really find that end scene all that believable; it felt forced just to get rid of a character. It was sad watching the aftermath.

7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Denzel from book of Eli

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Same guy who had that annoying son from season one "I got one daddy".

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Good. Beth episodes were boring. The whole police academy thing was crap. That last scene was crap too. Forced. What a waste of time.

Moral of first half of the season?

Dont forget about your sister. By the time you remember, she might already be dead.

1 person likes this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Beth attacking the cop made zero sense, like they couldn't find a more plausible way to kill her off.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Looks like someone was watching the Raid? The hallway fight very reminiscence of it?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3hYsVqpiEa4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Meh episode. Weak ending.

13. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Good. She was annoying. I was always on Team Shane. Good to have him back on the show as the new Rick.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I really didn't mind Beth at all. A lot of hate for her character just because she would randomly break into song? She didn't do enough in the show for me to care about her or her death. The writers really dropped the ball (again). If Maggie was constantly asking people where her sister was, if her sister was alive, this death would have held more weight. ****, if the writers gave Beth's character more development this death would have been better...

Maggie finally caring about Beth in THIS episode, the episode she dies, was hilariously contrived and lame. I'm pretty sure the reaction from the fans was laughter when Maggie was relived when Michonne told her where Beth was and her anguish when she saw that Beth was dead. Writers should have focused more on what Daryl was feeling since he had more of a connection with Beth than Maggie.

Even though I didn't mind this whole hospital arc, in the end, what was the point?

Season started strong, but went out with a whimper. At least they are on the road again.

A lot of black people (diversity) in the cast now! I'm really surprised they have all survived!

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Furthermore, there were just too many solid episodes this season. There were bound to be some clunkers. I just hoped the fall finale wouldn't have been one of them.

16. VanityHalfBlack

At it's core, that's what the comic book or show is all about. Not the zombies but the human aspect of it, it's why I love it.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I thought that this whole Beth storyline kind of sucked. Her disappearance wasn't very well thought out. The 'bad guys' that got her weren't developed. And quite frankly, she was such an afterthought of a character, I had forgotten she was even gone and/or related to one of the other characters several times throughout the season. Hoping that the second half will pick up some steam that was lost from this whole sidetracking.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

What's the point of anything on the show? It seems like it's been a long time since there was a big overarching goal. Most of the time it's simply about surviving and dealing with threats. And I get that it's supposed to really be about the characters and how they cope, but there still needs to be something to move towards. LOST was always about getting off the island and discovering its mysteries. And it almost always felt like it was moving towards something, either escaping or having a revelation, except for in the middle when they were treading water when they didn't know when the show was going to end. I feel like The Walking Dead treads water a lot. Despite peoples complaints, they still watch and it's a very successful show. So as long as people are watching, they don't want to move the show towards anything that could be seen as a conclusion (even if it takes a long time to get there) because they don't know what to do once they get there.

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Not really, but that was a nice scene. Japanese make some good films.

20. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The point of the hospital was to show another structure of government; we have the Atlanta old people home, the Farm, the Prison, Woodbury, Terminus, the Hospital all functioning in different ways. From a practical standpoint the Hospital provided new characters for the group.

The group will now be moving towards DC. The show's pace is based on how much material is left in the comics rather than milking viewership. The show could take off into various other plots without reference to the comics but it has always maintained a certain relation to it. I don't understand these criticisms.