1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC The Walking Dead] Season 7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CallMeTheDream, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I mean at this point you kind of have to realize that the show is what it is. The writing is mediocre, the acting is slightly above average, & the action is A+.

Don't know why people keep thinking that it's going to be loop hole free, you have to understand that 90% of that audience is not going to give a **** about how Negan became a forensic bullets expert, & the writers know that.

Speaking of Negan, in the comics, he's an over the top character. Don't understand why people are gunning at JDM.

Edit: The bullet in the bat was too much though, totally agree

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Just remember this; the source material is a comic book. Don't give me that "graphic novel" ****; it's a comic book.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I was hoping Lucille was going to get some action after that.

I've enjoyed Negan's character much more than anyone on this show since Shane's departure.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Well, I enjoyed the finale. Kept me entertained. It's a show about zombies...I don't spend much time worrying about unrealistic details so the criticisms above don't bother me.

This half season had too much filler for sure but I felt it got back on track during the final two episodes. I love Neegan.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

For real though, who is in the boots? Just tell me. Spoil it, but use the spoiler tag. For those that didn't catch it, they went BACK to the person in boots AFTER the trailer for the next episode. The boots person was watching Alexandria from afar.

6. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I don't get it, why do you and others keep coming back for more? Is it like a bad relationship where "I can't stand the lying and whining that I have to endure everyday but the sex is occasionally good."?

I don't understand why people think if a show is not good to watch one episode a week, binging it would make it better. It is not like each episode ends with a cliffhanger that you don't want to wait to find out the next week. If the dialogue is bad, the action is slow, the scenario are unbelievable, they all will still be there when you binge watch. Instead of wasting an hour, now you've committed to at least 2 hours of your life before giving up.

7. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

iirc this doesn't appear in the comics, so no one can give u a definite answer. I would guess one of the ladies (probably Cindy) from Oceanside.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's a social construct thing. It's a part of a weekly routine that has been established for years. It's something you bond with other people over. Even the terribleness. Not exactly a new or complicated phenomenon.

ubigred and Torn n Frayed like this.
  9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

After they revealed the victims in the season premiere it's been an incredibly lackluster half season.....mid season finale was more of the same. It was alright I suppose but I didn't really have any vested interest in the people who died......

We'll see how the 2nd half plays out........

CallMeTheDream and ubigred like this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh, okay. I hope it's Glenn, just to see y'all cry about it.

Invisible Fan and Blake like this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um...then who is going to get them supplies? Remember, the Saviors don't farm, don't raise livestock, and they dont scavenge. They are dependent on others to do that. You don't kill the workers unless you want to do the work yourself.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Um, when the workers are trying to kill you, you put a boot in their asses until they stop.

Smashing a few skulls in isn't going to bring Alexandria to a grinding-halt.

13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it was a female from that all female camp. Setting up a meeting of the 4 communitues.

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

if they are following the comics my guess is that the person in boots...

is from a group called the whisperers, who are similar to the wolves in that their focus is on killing the living. they wear zombie skin and live among the dead. they are the next big enemy after the saviors.

15. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

What if the Saviors had stumbled upon Woodbury and the Governor? That would have been a fun scenario. I don't think the Governor would have given half their stuff away. Plus he had a tank too.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yeah... The whole "that's unrealistic" angle kinda went out of the windows two minutes into Season 1, Episode 1.

CCity Zero and Torn n Frayed like this.
  17. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

That's it. One round! And it had the velocity of an airsoft pellet. So dumb.

ubigred likes this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Great points, unfortunately doing the realistic thing would end the series. Then again it could be interesting watching Negan take over.

19. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Don't walk..... Run away

20. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I enjoy Donny's comments.... more entertaining than the show.

PS: will they ever leave the backwoods of Georgia?