1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jun 2, 2012.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This may be the greatest tv show ever written, acted and directed from top to bottom. What a ride.

2. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

not sure if serious

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I think over time he has seen that Jesse is a loyal guy and has been there especially at the end when they had the shootout and he took care of him and got them out of the drug lords house. All of those things put together is what made Mike more trusting of Jesse.

4. 713

713 Member

lmao. real

5. ketchupNmustard

If y'all notice Walt's shirts it seems that Walt is transitioning from wearing the money/envy theme of green, to blue the color of his pride inducing meth.

This show has layers man, I wonder if Jesse's colors will change (red and black, look at his car, cell phone etc.) from a color of criminality (the red or black) to something else.

6. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

What was that bag that saul gave to Walt? It looked like a white stick, Saul said something like it could explode. Was it the poison???

7. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

it was the cigarette with the ricin.

1 person likes this.
  8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

In the second to last episode of season 4, you could see Huel (sp?) frisk Jessie and put the cig pack in his pocket. Well, you can't see the cig pack, but you can see that he stuffs something. They never show how he got it back in. And they never show how Walt poisoned the kid, but that probably be too difficult of a scene to create, so we take a leap of faith there, but that's fine with me.

1 person likes this.
  9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Ricin cigarette that Huel lifted off of him when he came to the office and patted him down.

It cleared up a point that we all wondered from last season which was where did the cigarette go.

1 person likes this.
  10. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Even though the first episode was good, I already missed Gus. This show needs a villain. It can't just be Walt trying to evade Hank for 16 episodes.

11. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Tiiiime. Give it more than one episode.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Season 3 Episode 10
    These guys go above and beyond to find ways to ***** themselves over.
    Their 'issues' are so crazy and self created it is ridiculous

This has to change . . .cause this is just getting stupid now.

Rocket River

13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That's why they're not heroes. Walt said he way back when he was doing it for his family, but there was a lot of self interest in getting in the game. He's super prideful and was butt hurt when his science partners got the $$$ grants and Walt wasn't a part of the team by then. His former lover and partner even offered to pay his medical bills, but Walt turned it down. He feels that cooking his formula, no matter what the consequences, is finally him Earning great $ that he deserves and he takes great pride in that. This guy has huge character flaws...which gives him depth and makes him hard to fully like. Just because he's the main character of the show doesn't mean we should love him or even root for him 100% of the time...which makes this show damn good imo.

As for Jessie, well, the emotional changes and feelings of loss and love in his life a thoroughly examined. He obviously has respect for Walt, lost it and regained it, and still calls him Mr. White after being so close to him for a year. Their relationship is weird and interesting, and at points in time they've totally abandoned each other when needed, but also saved each others' lives. It's a good show RR...pretty much up there in the greatest shows of the last decade, along with The Wire and the other usual.

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

It only gets better and bigger and more over the top, this show is too much! :cool:

15. mic

mic Contributing Member

God I ****ing love this show.

When it's airing, it's my favorite show in the world.

16. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

is that being said in the spirit of engrossment or are you souring on the show?
    it's one of my favourite episodes -S3.E10 "The Fly" - keep going RR

17. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

One of the best, greatest use of a "bottle episode" I've ever seen...
    Although it's really 50/50, people either LOVE that episode or absolutely hate it.

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

why the hell are you in this thread if you havent caught up with everything?!?!

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't Huel taking the cigarette from Jesse a tactic so Jesse would think that Gus had it lifted in the lab, as Walt really used Lilly of the Valley against the kid?

So Saul has just been holding onto the poisonous cigarette, probably not knowing what poisoned the kid instead. Another layer of Walt's plan.

20. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I felt the same way... season 4 was a let down until the final 4 episodes, then I felt it was the best season of them all lol.