1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

How did he get the M60?? I mean how does he know the guy who gave it to him? It was never explained was it? That really bugs me, but otherwise, it was a good ending.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Better than the Sopranos

3. IPSAC

IPSAC Member

Stealing comments from reddit :rolleyes:

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That would have been terrible. The point was for Walt to die peacefully. By killing Jesse, he would have died as a monster and Jesse would have died for nothing. Would have made absolutely no sense

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

Sometimes people die for nothing. Why does Jesse have to be excluded from this fate?

6. TheresTheDagger

The same guy who sold him the .38 in season 4. They show him receiving the weapon from him in the Denny's diner flash forward scene.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I agree with a lot of this. I almost feel like the episode where hank dies is the finale and that these final two were an epilogue.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Good finale! I thought they were going to keep Walt alive and were going to see him in jail finale getting the respect he craved. didn't think they were going to kill Walt because everyone knew he was going to die.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Because the story of the show would have been meaningless. I wouldn't have minded Jesse dying but Walt killing him for no reason makes no sense. They Bo took amazing journeys over the course of the show, a meaningless and thoughtless ending would have made no sense in the scope of the story.

10. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Saul was the one who introduced him to the gun dealer. It's the same guy who sold him the hand gun in the hotel room from the earlier seasons.

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

Walt's reason would be that Jesse caused Hank's death by snitching. If Pinkman had just got out of town, everyone would be alive. Andrea would be alive. Hank would be alive.

Killing Jesse would've provided the brutal gut-punch that this finale needed to be truly great. It would show how he went from loving him more than his own son, to shooting him dead remorselessly.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Except walt's knows hanks death was ENTIRELY his own fault. Jesse was doing the right thing working with Hank. Walt essentially admitted as much when he said all of this was for him and no one else. Breaking Bad is at it's core is about the transformation of a desperate man named Walter White. Ending on him killing somone close to him for petty reasons would have been dumb, that isn't what the show is about.

Killing Jesse for that would have been a HUGE cop out for shock value purposes only.

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

It was Walt's fault, but it was also Jesse's fault. If Jesse hadn't gone to Hank, Hank would've lived, there's not disputing that. Point A leads to Point B. Jesse played his part so we can't excuse him, nor do I think Walt should have.

Walt's been doing petty things the whole show. Poisoning a completely innocent Brock to save his own ass? Petty. Killing Mike? Petty. It would have just driven home the fact that starting out with good intentions lead you down the road to hell, which is where Walt was essentially. Killing his own son would've nailed that nihilistic nail home. But thats just my preference on how it could've gone down.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Walt definitely loved Jessie like a son but he didnt love Jessie more than his own son. Walt being so angry that he would want Jessie dead in the first place proves that IMO.

Sometimes I wonder why people think that Walt is so thoughtlessly evil. Walt is a Monster because of the lengths he took to protect the people he loved.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Except he did the right thing by going to hank. If you want to trace the chain of events all the way back, Walt started everything in motion by first deciding to "break bad"

And maybe killing Jesse for petty reasons could have made sense If the previous hour of the episode had not happened. After making the realizations he did in the first hour, it didn't. Had he done it to START the episode, than fine. But he overcame that in what was ultimately his final day of life, killing Jesse would have made the rest of the episode make no sense, so you ideally would have made the whole episode totally different?

16. Entropy

Entropy Member

From watching the show, I feel he always had more love for Jesse than Flynn. What is Walt's greatest pride and joy? His meth. Who is the only one who can produce it like him? Jesse. The depth of Walt's anger towards Jesse stemmed from his great love for him. The betrayal that after all of the things he'd done for him (in walt's own mind at least) that Jesse would cause such things to happen.

17. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

The way Jesse handled Todd was just so satisfying. It was so awesome because Walter just watched him do it, it was so beautiful.

18. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Sad its over and glad Jesse got to make the decision of killing walt or not b/c he was clearly going to die

19. Entropy

Entropy Member

Him realizing that everything that ultimately happened was his fault doesn't mean that others aren't complicit or culpable or deserving of punishment. But yeah, ideally this whole episode would've been different in my book. It was still enjoyable nonetheless, if not as good as I wanted it to be personally.

20. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Some people just can't be satisfied. Always will find a reason to hate..