1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

maybe. But unpredictable is what made this show so great

i didnt want walt to die but knew he was thats not my point. The thing about breaking bad is that it gives u all these different feelings and emotions. At the very end i felt nothing, it felt like they rushed the ending and just wanted it to end quick.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Also stands for blood (iron), meth (lithium), and tears (sodium).

3. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I wish this finale was spread out among two episodes. It did feel a bit rushed, but story wise... It was a great ending.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think it's fair to say the ending also has to be unpredictable. There are only so many ways a story like this can be satisfiably wrapped up. The challenge is making the journey from point A and point B interesting and unexpected.

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

fun fact to throw out there

this episode was the 62nd episode overall...the 62nd element of the periodic table is samarium, which is used to treat lung cancer.

7. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

waiting for this damn snf game to be over so i can watch the finale

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I dont think it was appropriate for Jesse to get away.

Better ending for me would have been Walt shoots him as well (after a short conversation) and then dies peacefully with his meth lab, since he had been shot anyways.

9. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I think Walt wanted to kill Jessie when he first went to the lab but saw how he was being treated by Jack and changed his mind.

10. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

HUELL IS STILL IN THE HOTEL ROOM

2 people like this.
  11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That's how I feel, too. He thought Jesse and Jack were partners, but in fact, Jesse was a slave to them. He also saved Jesse from being shot up by the M60.

Really, Walt has no more motive to take revenge on Jesse. His family is getting his money and he has made peace with his life. He couldn't care less about what happens to Jesse.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Best finale ever? No.... Certainly not. Best finale for this series? Probably.

That said while I can understand why they did it, and can certainly see some people loving it, I thought the time jump element of the last two episodes hurt the story. I just don't generally care for the whole "six months later" type thing... But still great.

The standout episode from this last set of 8 is clearly the episode Hank died. I'm not sure I've ever seen a better episode of television.

But again, that said, these final 8 episodes might have been the weakest "season" of the show. The middle seasons were the best. Season 1 started a little slow... But if you hung in there even a little bit, it became very interesting in a very fresh and new way.

These last 8 episodes were kind of a march to the inevitable. A beautifully, amazingly orchestrated march (see Hank death episode comment), but a march nonetheless.

Fantastic tv show. Easily up there for best ever. Probably best fiction I've ever seen. Still not sure anything touches Band of Brothers as a whole... But this is probably as close as it gets... And I guess band of brothers is more of a mini series.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Interesting take. These have been my favorite. To each his own, of course.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

one negative thing to say about this episode was that it was fairly on point and not up to the surprise/creativity we are used to seeing

the basic beats were how most predicted it would play out

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

It's kind of like the way Hitchcock does it- he goes more for suspense than surprise- like, you knew the machine gun was for the Nazis- but then, when they took his keys, you didn't know if he would pull it off.

That's the only thing I would have changed- I wouldn't have shown him actually testing the machine gun trigger in the desert- they should have shown him maybe sketching something- or not even shown it at all- like when he's in the desert, film it from a distance so that you see he's doing something with the machine gun, but you don't know what.

16. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

For real. I didn't really like the show that much until this final half season. I hated every main character in this show except Saul.

Jesse=Druggie Wigger
    Walt= Weak man that would have his random mental lapses
    Skyler= Just a straight c**t and everyone knows it
    Marie= Even bigger c**t
    Hank= He was a huge tool if you remember from the earlier episodes and just a typical douche

Now the scene with Dons in Mexico was one of my favorite scenes of all time. I always thought this was a good show, but in the second half of the 5th season when I realized how everything tied together, how creative Vince was, that was when I realized how truly phenomenal this show really is. Itt has easily become my favorite series besides Game of Thrones.

1 person likes this.
  17. cardpire

cardpire Member

That's actually a damn fine call. Although then you'd have to adjust the whole car keys deal because the tension he created with that wouldn't have made any sense. Agree completely though...your way is better.

"Satisfying" is the word to wrap up that finale. I'd say 8/10. Great, but not chill-inducing. Everything was wrapped up sensibly.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

But what about the fact that they know that he was in New Hampshire?

19. Entropy

Entropy Member

Decent finale, not a great one. It was by the numbers, which made for a safe ending. Met all expectations and predictions--which robbed it of some power.

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

Agreed with all of the points above. You left out Gus. Gus was pure awesomeness, all child killing aside.