1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chuck 4, Jun 1, 2011.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm struggling a little bit to be invested in anything thats happening so far this year. Don't wanna be a complainer, I'm just not really connecting with Walt or Jesse yet this season.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yeah I just found this one padded with stuff we've already covered (Jesse is having a hard time, Skyler insists on the car wash, Walt is dubious) in the previous episodes. I think the Skyler stuff in particular tested my patience. I'm hoping they're just easing us in the story before the **** hits the fan soon.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The way this is going, we're gonna have a good long boring Walt Jr arc coming up. And Skyler is a lot less bearable now that she's turned dark (and not hot anymore). Give me cartel drama already.

4. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Skyler was never hot...

5. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I just started watching this show a couple of weeks ago and blew through the first three seasons pretty quickly. The last two episodes of season 3 followed up by the season premier of season 4 made for some of the most thrilling television I've seen.

There has been a lot of let up with the last two episodes, but I'm okay with that for now. They do seem like they're setting things up for the remainder of the season. I'm really interested in the Hank subplot. If the whole season moves at this pace, I'd be disappointed, but I think the writers have the benefit of the doubt.

For the remainder of the season, I really want to see how the Walt vs. Gus situation plays out, how Walt can play the cartel and Gus against one another, and I think that Walt's cancer will return.

6. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Part of the brilliance of this show is that they take the time to properly develop their characters. I have no problem with how the season's going. I know it's about to get serious.

1 person likes this.
  7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

99% of the show I'd agree with you. But one scene where she was getting dressed at her boss' house one time last season she looked damn fine.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Something I don't get by Skylar's rant...how is it less conspicuous to spend $800,000 on a car wash than spend $390 on Champagne? Plus they're also giving Hank and Marie money out the ass. It's just silly. But maybe that's it. Skyler is silly. She's a control freak. If she's spending the money it's fine, but if it's Walt it's reckless.

9. The Drake

The Drake Member

I didn't see the preview for next week, but a friend of mine that did said it seemed like this was going to get addressed in next week's episode (to some extent at least).

10. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

My favorite part of Sunday's ep was Saul's bodyguard havin to drop a duece in Walt's bathroom while they were having their meeting. lol :grin:

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, i don't know why people are up in arms about the pacing. Every episode doesnt have to have intense action. That's the beauty of the show.

But it's expected to have these episodes set up the story. Again, it's part of the show...they build and build and build, then drop the hammer on you.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Shows can have slow pacing but still be excellent (ie. Mad Men) but I feel they could have given this one a better feel. It mostly seemed boring even if it just served as a set-up type episode. I have complete faith I'll be on the edge of my seat soon enough though.

13. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Marie is a decent character on the show, but she is the least interesting. I know she is a regular, so she requires air time, but really.. if they showed less Marie and more Gus, I think that would improve the show a lot. I mean Gus didn't even show up in the last two episodes...

14. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPw-3e_pzqU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPw-3e_pzqU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

15. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

best episode this season

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

season back on track.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

You know you want to see it again..

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wugY6HNLOCo&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wugY6HNLOCo&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

agree the episode was much better.

Could someone clear something up for me:

Who were those fellows jacking the truck with Mike in it at the beginning of the episode? Were they just random robbers or did I miss the explanation?

19. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

As far as I could tell, there was no explanation. But, knowing the writing on Breaking Bad, this doesn't necessarily mean they were just random robbers. It could pop up later. Mike is a bad ass.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I thought it was pretty convincing that they were working for the cartel.

1 person likes this.