1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chuck 4, Jun 1, 2011.

1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Really awesome premiere last night. Just when I was becoming disillusioned at TV drama (post GoT), Breaking Bad comes along and saves it.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nice start to the season. Best show out there.

I want me a kenny rogers t-shirt.

3. OkayAyeReloaded

Very good premiere. No drop off at all, just what I expected from this show.

Damn, Gus is efficient as hell. No wasted time or words, he takes out his leak, does it in front of walt and jesse to send a message/intimidate, gets his cooks back to work and doesn't mess up his clothes. This guy runs his drug empire like a corporate business.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

weak, shark jumped. sorry. i won't come in here with negative comments throughout the season but i just don't see how anyone can think this premiere was good. very cheesy.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yeah I realize that but Victor looked like he Lost his Best friend Back in the Lab. He was so angry he stupidly broke protocol.

6. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

i think he had grew some type of friendly relationship with Gus, or at least a relationship to the point where he thought the guy was nice and didnt deserve to be killed. Gus was a nice guy and i felt bad for him in some weird way.

jumped the shark? what was the jumping of the shark moment exactly?

what parts did you consider cheesy exactly? I can't think of one remotely "cheesy" scene.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Wow, what a super awesome premiere. I was a little confused because I didn't see the final 3 episodes from season 3. I think I understand why Gus killed Victor:

1. Showed up at the crime scene.
    2. Close eye on Gale may have indicated his own ambitions
    3. Showed his cards too much (#2 above) by cooking meth in front of everyone.
    4. Gus knows that the game isn't over with the Mexicans or the DEA and wants as little attention as possible. So having Jessie go rogue and Victor go rogue he needed to straighten everyone out.

I'll hold out judgement for Game of Thrones but yes those HBO series plae in comparison (i.e. Weeds, Entorage, etc). Kind of creepy how they slapped the corrosive symbol on Victor's tomb and sent him off. Reminds me of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

8. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Is it my imagination or did Skyler get fat?

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yeah, disappointing, been watching that chick since Dead Wood.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i just thought the storyline veered off into the truly unbelievable, the way walt's ass kept getting the saved, the whole dynamic with the cartels. i think it undermines the original fabric of the show. but i guess it was the only place to take it, i would have taken it somewhere else.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Ironically that's what I now get from her...

So we are all pretty much in agreement, that premiere was effing awesome? Yes? Wonderful...

12. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

true the show has taken a turn into the "this is too unbelievable to be real" realm BUT if it didnt it would have been the first season over and over... woulda gotten stale.

13. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

when you say jump the shark, it means there is a particular moment where the show becomes ridiculous. Walt making the phone call to jesse and giving gus' address was not only very believable but smart...something walt has continually shown in his strategery.

the show has continually shown simple, but yet still creative, ways to get out of situations...especially walt.

So you are over the show and that's fine, but this season opener was hardly a reason to write it off and especially claim it jumped the shark (or nuked the frindge, ala indiana jones)

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Fantastic premiere.

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i think mike has a new found respect for walt. i figured hank might end up being walts "mike", but maybe mike will end up being his "mike"? either way, the walt-gus dynamic will be interesting, but there is no way their relationship can make it thru this season.

and something snapped in jesse when he watched gus gut victor - they showed him w/ this really twisted smile, like he now understood the game and had made peace w/ it. he was catatonic after shooting gail...not gus, donkey magic;) - and at the end w/ walt he was the one thinking machiavellian while walt was scared.

16. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

great premier, and yes, skyler has gotten quite chunky, mabye it was just that robe.

And to people looking for amazing shows like this, check out Dexter. Different situation, yet similar in awesomeness.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I didn't notice it but I've seen this being mentioned everywhere. That and her plastic surgery.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I thought it was obvious, especially in the closeups of her face. I never found her any bit attractive anyway. She has a man's face.

19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

as long as she doesnt have a mans penis she is good 2 go.

1 person likes this.
  20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

One example of this was that Gus could have easily killed Jesse to show Walt who was the boss at the end. Does anyone really believe Walt when he says if I don't have Jesse then you don't have me?

Walt already said he would do whatever he had to do if it came down between his life and someone else's. If Jesse was killed he would cook again if he was given the ultimatum of cook or die imo.

It's still my favorite series though.