1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rhino17, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Did I call it or what? That was a freakin awesome episode. I love the quote "I hide in daylight, just like you." I had a feeling that things were just going to get more intense and more escalated, but I wasn't sure if Chicken man really was that gangsta. I shouldn't have underestimated his cold-hearted calculations and ambitions and real power.

2. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I predict that Gus gets taken down by Uncle Tio by the end of the season (possibly through Gus' second in command). Uncle Tio is the real gangsta.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The next episode doesn't look that good, the preview they posted online seems like its dumb. I'm sorry, but I'm at the point where I hope Gus just shoots Jesse in the face.

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Yup, just after they serve dessert at the old folks home. It's jello night.

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Jessie seems really out of place to me. He doesn't really belong in the current story at all. The last time I had any interest in his character was when he jacked his house from his parents. He seemed like he was going to get dark, but then he just reverted back to being the wannabe gangster fool.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

agreed. He isnt bringing anything other than being annoying.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

if jesse weren't there it would go more smoothly, but walt feels loyalty to jesse because he got him introduced to the game, the market.

its like a moral problem for walt

8. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I just started watching this series about a week ago - I downloaded and watched all the episodes and now I'm waiting for the next episode to come out on TV.

What a great series! It's been a long, long time since anything on television has actually interested me (other than Rockets games, the Weather Channel, and the occasional p*rn movie starring me and your mom).

9. m_cable

I know that Lost is (deservedly) going to get all the attention tonight but if you missed Breaking Bad, try to find it on a repeat because tonight's episode was astounding. It kind of started off as a goofy dark comedy but the episode turned into a clinic into how you can build something special with sharp, nuanced acting and terse, suspenseful writing/editing. Not to mention that I think Bryan Cranston just won his third emmy with this performance.

10. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

A whole episode with just Walt, Jesse, and a fly only this show could pull that off. Recession cut backs? :p My guess is that Jesse will get caught for stealing and Walt will somehow help him out.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Both actors were are just amazing in this show. Aaron Paul needs some recognition now, Cranston is already a shoe in

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

although not much "happened" in this episode, it was a showcase of how/why this show is soo good.

Not many shows can make you go from a :eek: , to a :eek: , to a :confused: , to :grin: in a matter of minutes.

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

This last episode reminded me of a The Sopranos episode where Pauly and Chris are chasing the Russian guy in the woods in winter. Nothing really pertinent goes on, but it is amazingly done.

The whole episode last night, the interaction of Walt and Jesse, the writing and everything I just loved.

The scene where Walt is talking about his perfect moment to die, as it got to the end of it was just breathtakingly good.

I didn't used to get into shows, but Dexter and Breaking Bad have really changed that for me recently.

14. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Sometimes I think Aaron Paul is the superior of the two.. his monologues are more powerful.. like the one when he was on the hospital bed and he was talking about how he was going to take everything away from Hank.. that was frightening.

15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Anyone know what Chicken man was trying to convey to Walt over dinner about making the same mistake twice? Hidden message? TIA.

16. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Maybe he knows that Jesse shorted the meth since the numbers didn't add up. Nicely telling him that if that happens again he will kill Jesse. At least that's what I got from it. But who knows, that guy is really mysterious.

17. m_cable

Whether Gus knows about the skimming or not, I think he's definitely implying that Jesse is the mistake. He's already shown his disapproval of Jesse in the past.

As for Jesse, it seems like his storyline is building towards some confrontation with the guys who killed combo. Two episodes left in the season so hold onto your hats.

And some great acting by Aaron Paul (Jesse) and especially Dean Norris (Hank). I keep vacillating between whether I think one or the other deserves an Emmy, but they both have to get nominations at least. Hopefully one of them can take it home because they both earned it this year as far as I'm concerned.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Bob Odenkirk steals every scene he is in.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I feel the same way

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member