1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rhino17, Mar 21, 2010.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Holy ****, that was an intense episode, great ending.

2. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Damn that was a crazy episode. Really love this show. Had me anxious seeing Hank in his car waiting. In love with the cinematography. Even the scene when one of the twins was shot in the head. Nice :)

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

It doesn't get better than this show.

4. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Wow that last scene was intense. So who was it that called Hank to let him know the twins were coming? What it the chicken guy?

5. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

The cinematography and acting are incredible.

6. nickb492

Maybe if he knows Hank's connection to Walter but I'm not sure he does. Plus he's the one that OK'd the hit but he's my first guess.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I think so.

8. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

He does know about the connection. He visited hank at his office ans saw Walter's picture there. hank told him that was his brother in law.

9. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

It has to be the chicken man. But what's his reasoning is the bigger question. He indicated his distaste for the cousins in an earlier episode so maybe he just wanted to give Hank a fighting chance. But I really don't trust this guy to do anything out of compassion. He seems much too shrewd and calculating to let emotion cloud his judgment.

Maybe he's planning to part ways with the Mexican Cartel after gaining Walt's recipe. Or maybe he just wanted to attempt to get rid of a couple of loose cannons. Whatever his game is, I think it's clear Gustavo is on a whole nother level than anyone else we've seen on the show (In the teaser it implied that Gus outmaneuvered Tio, who he didn't like).

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

He does know the connection. Last season, Chicken man was at the Police HQ and saw a picture of Walt's fund raising thing and Hank was telling Chicken man all about Walt. And at this point, Walt and Chicken man had already met.

It all makes sense. The twins are maniacs who have killed all sorts of people, including local cops. Chicken man sees them as a problem and not just because they want to kill Walt...well that is the main reason. I wonder if the Cartel is going to figure it out and bring down real havoc in New Mexico.

I want to see how much clout Chicken man really has. Everything that the show has revealed about him so far is mostly strong organization, smarts, and soft power. But when push comes to shove, does the Chicken Man have man power and gun power? He's too clean and involved in the community. I'm not sure if he can show real brute strength if the Cartels turn on him.

11. nickb492

Oh yeah I totally forgot when he looked down and saw the picture. Well then I'm not sure why but I really can't wait till Sunday.

12. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I think Walt's reasoning for getting rid of Gale is two fold. He wants to include Jesse and keep him close so that he doesn't do anything stupid to lead the DEA to Walt. The other side to this equation is Walt was starting to feel a little threatened by Gale and his knowledge and dedication to the job. If Gale learned everything it took to create the meth then there wouldn't be any need for Walt after the three months is up. In effect, there wouldn't be any need for Walt and who knows what Gustavo would do to him considering how much he knows about his operation.

13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

You can also add a little sympathy from Walt, though he rarely expresses it to Jesse. Walt sees him has a 2nd son and feels deep remorse for the trouble he has unleashed onto Jesse. Walt is sort of responsible for Jesse's girlfriend dying and sent Jesse to rehab, and in that episode, the level of concern Walt had for Jesse was very evident. He will never say the things he feels for Jesse like he does to his real son, and Walt does view Jesse as an idiot, but in a way, he loves him. Even though Walt is a selfish prick at times, he could have ordered Jesse's murder through Sal or Gustavo if he truly was cold blooded or didn't care for Jesse.

14. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I think he did it so Walt does not leave the business. He saw what Walt was willing to give up to help Hank, so him dying might not have been so good for him.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Hank getting shot up after beating the crap out of Jesse is going to cause major problems with Walter and Skylar.

also, thanks for the recap Kim, I thought there was an episode last season with gus and hank at the station.

16. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

I liked the flashback scene at the beginning with the brothers and their uncle. Funny how Gus was just a fry cook back then, and is now owner.

17. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Does anyone know where I can see that 30 second preview they have of the next episode? All I find on the AMC website is a spoiler.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

glad i stayed away from the thread until i finally got a chance to watch the DVR last night. Very intense episode.

couple of things...

I think it was Pollos who warned hank...why? because remember Pollos gave them the "ok" to take out Walt after his current production run over the next 3 months. But, Pollos doesnt want to lose his cash cow because he probably thinks he can coerce him back a second time. But to have that opportunity, he has to get rid of those twins.

Will be interesting to see how the mex cartell responds.

While i agree that Walt is keeping Jesse closer because he feels he can watch over him better and feels guilty/bad for the guy...I think Gale was let go because he was so good. I got the impression that he felt someone like that shouldnt be cooking to begin with...almost like Walt didnt want Gale to be tainted.

it will create drama, but can it really get any worse?

19. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Ok middle of tonites episode and that was some freaking hardcore stuff rite there! :eek:

20. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

so was it the chicken guy (Gus?) who setup the hit on that cartel guy at the end? i didn't think the chicken guy had that kind of power/reach (?)

..just gotta say this is like the second best drama on tv right now... second to Lost ;)