1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amazon's Black Friday] July 15th, Amazon Prime Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Jul 6, 2015.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

apparently the 40 inch sold out in .00001 milliseconds

2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

^ so Amazon drove millions in traffic to their site and sold one TV.

Prime Day is a success!

3. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Other than the Fire Stick, the best deal I found was actually formula for our 6 month old. Normally $135, can probably be found for $110 most days, paid $74.62.

Link

4. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

And we get trolled on the 40" TV. It popped up and said it was upcoming, i set an alarm, watch the counter go to 0, then it added an hour. I check back, instead of the $125 price leaked yesterday its $219.

Regardless it was sold out and wait list was full before i could type this.

Everyone will complain about how ****ty the sales were but almost everything sold out and quite a few had full wait lists. Amazon will see this as a success.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

As disappointing as it may have seemed, millions of people bought a crapload of stuff…I know everyone wants only cool **** to be sold at ridiculously low prices, but Amazon covered every aspect of shopping….and the deals were obviously good enough where people took the bait and opened up their wallets.

Amazon killed it today.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Bolded is the big truth. Nothing worthy was sold on Amazon. Major hype, big disappointment.

7. joesr

joesr Member

I thought it was a good sell. Missed out on one item.

8. rezdawg

What were you expecting?

55 inch TVs for $400?

There is only so much that could be sold that would meet these high expectations.

For the most part, every day, random items were sold at large discounts.

And at the end of the day, my wife saved $250 bucks on some pots and pans for the kitchen, which is nice, given that we were going to go this upcoming weekend to buy them…so it was something that I found useful while 99.999% of others would have no use for that. The same thing goes for literally every other item there…majority of people don't care about a certain item, but those select few jump all over it. That's the purpose of the entire thing.

1 person likes this.
  9. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Actually, yes.

It was supposed to be bigger/better than black Friday.

It wasn't.

10. rezdawg

It was advertised as "More deals than Black Friday"…which it was. There were deals on almost every item you could conjure up in your mind…and then some.

And on those TVs, there were some excellent prices. They won't have a stock of 50,000 TVs for everyone interested, but they did have some great deals.

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">in honor of prime day we have $4 all you can eat pancakes &amp; they come w/ a coupon to get 6 cents off a used floppy disk full of cool .wavs</p>&mdash; Denny's (@DennysDiner) <a href="https://twitter.com/DennysDiner/status/621463923888295941">July 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

So much win

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't get the complaints. Amazon sells a ton of random stuff and yesterday they had s ton of random stuff go on sale. There were constantly sold out deals, so people must have liked them.

I got a flash drive, a doll for my two year old, some facial cleanser and a Christmas present all for great discounts.

I think most of the jokes are from people who looked early in the morning or who only looked at the daily deals.

Indont do Black Friday anyway because of the ridiculous crowds

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Imagine if someone built up hype for an amusement park that was being built and they sold it as having more rides then Fiesta Texas and the old Astroworld combined. But when the park opened there was one crappy roller coaster with a 30 foot drop and 150 different reiterations of county fair style carousels and slides.

Technically, they did have more rides. However, those rides were no where close to the quality of what you would've found at Fiesta Texas or Astroworld.

That's basically what Amazon pulled yesterday.

15. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I got 48 rolls of toilet paper. I have no idea where I'm going to store 48 rolls of toilet paper.

16. joesr

joesr Member

IDK, the thing is the only ones hyping it up was us.

I had to to to Amazon to see what it was and it was one page. A short page. The hype was everyone I knew talking about checking it out. I think maybe we made it more then it should have been and that is more sales more sales more sales. Maybe because certain sales weren't there or lasted long enough was an issue.

I got a bit out of it. Maybe it is when you look. The timing. 9 out of 10 things were sold out fast, I don't see how the vast majority of people are seeing this as a fail.

17. joesr

joesr Member

Exactly :cool:

I got a lot of stuff I alway say I will get later but am always needing it. Spent about 200 saving around 130. Wanted one more thing but lost the clicking race ;(

18. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Most of the stuff was misleading, I would check upcoming sells for Camera accessories mainly. I would google the product name, Amazon would be the first result, almost every item i looked at was barely below the price they were already selling it for, all of the amounts shows for % off was calculated on MSRP, not normal amazon price.

All in all a lot of people got stuff they wanted. I just wasnt one of them. I wish i would have caught one of the SD cards for my camera, and the 40" but oh well.

19. magman

magman Member

Got pants and jerky.
    I repeat, pants and jerky.
    This sale sucked so much.

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Want some of my toilet paper?