1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amar'e Stoudemire believes an angel may be making calls for James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 24, 2014.

1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

It was called both ways... like when canaan was pushed out of bounds and pap threw him the ball. All night amare was calling for fouls when he got a little body contact. You could hear him crying without a mike on TV. LOL what a douche.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yaos smile is noticeable. I can still remember amara laughing at him in a game during their rookie years.

3. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yup. The vast majority of fouls that send Harden to the line are clear and blatant hacks. Although once or twice a game there might be one marginal call that could go either way.

5. Apps

Apps Member

God, it feels so good to have a player on this team that "gets all the calls", as other players and fans so complain. We have been on the wrong side of that for too long.

1 person likes this.
  6. Exiled

Exiled Member

He should smacked a rocket's player like Dallas did, and call it " common foul" ..

Some fans are just blind and many players too

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It seems that the history of the rockets owning the knicks, and the knicks doing nothing but b**** afterwards seems to repeat itself.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

11-3

Keep talkin

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Angels on the hardwood..

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's not Harden's fault that his eurostep is this deadly in attracting fouls.

11. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Amar'e just mad because he sucks now. Stay salty, buddy.

12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I admit it. I have no clue what this Harden foul thing is all about. I've watched the NBA for almost 30 years, and I've seen countless star players get a foul call every time someone breathes on them. A huge percentage of guys also flop like a mackerel on the sidewalk, but somehow when Harden gets calls he's doing something wrong.

The only theory I have is that Harden is not as elite an athlete as a Kobe or Lebron, and not as amazing a shooter as a Dirk or Curry. Therefore he doesn't deserve their special treatment.

13. i3artow i3aller

:cool::eek::cool:
    [​IMG]
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a2xqDieOouM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty much.

Those were very legit, Shumpert hacked at his arms, not sure what the refs are supposed to do?

Of course the dumb NBA fans will go "HAR HAR HE ONLY GETS FTS!" and ignore the rebounds he gets, the step back he drains in numerous eyes, the handles he uses to embarrass guys nightly, the insane first step he has, the fact that he's also the teams best PG...and just go "HAR HAR HAR, HARDEN IS NO SKILLED! DA HUR HARDEN WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT REFS!"

Hey yeah, no player would be anything if they let you fouled the other player!

15. Ghost_of_Akeem

The number of FTA that Harden gets per game is a bit alarming, he's averaging 10 a game now. Michael Jordan only averaged more than that twice in his entire career.

Harden relies on getting calls too much, in my opinion. He needs to post up more and develop his offensive game in the post where he will have more success without putting as much stress on his body. I don't think that the finesse game is best suited for Harden, in fact I think he should bulk up and use his body more.

As for what Amare said, it would be relevant if the Knicks had given any effort whatsoever on defending the 3 pt line tonight. Knicks have nobody to blame but themselves for this loss, they gave our shooters wide open looks and they took bad shots at the other end of the floor. Nobody to blame there but yourself, refs won't bail you out when you're on the road.

16. scottie brooks

Unless other teams want to give james a dunk or layup, a foul is their only option. This is because he is difficult for most to guard him straight up 1 on 1.

17. Ghost_of_Akeem

Harden benefits from a lot of judgment calls during the regular season. In the playoffs he will not benefit from these calls. He needs to develop his game in the post and find other ways to score and be effective if we want to win a championship with him as our lead dog.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This is the first time I have seen an athlete admit that God is on their opponent's side.

2 people like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is just not true.

It is a myth, pure myth...that they call the playoffs tougher. It's pretty much BS as we saw LMA get touch fouls while the Rockets tried to defend him.

Or as we watched Dwade earn the nickname "Dwhistle" in the finals no less. Lebron, Durant, Kobe...these guys get the same calls in the playoffs...and apparently LMA gets calls he never gets in the regular season as well too...

Superstars get the same calls. Harden not getting calls is not the reason he has had problems in the playoffs the past two years. Harden being passive was the main issue, if Harden attacks the lane enough he will get calls. The refs don't just ignore calls in the playoffs, Harden has to just bring it in the playoff. The fearless slasher we know not the timid pass off only jack up jumpers Harden.

20. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

That's true on a macro level, but let's not equate his play style with a D-Wade or even a Steve Francis where he's crashing to the floor 4 times a game. He usually draws the foul before leaving the ground and he rarely absorbs major collisions. His game will hold up health-wise, and he'll be able to get to the line regularly and safely until the quickness goes. Only at that point will a post-up game be essential.