1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only person who thinks the lesser of 2 evils...are the Lakers?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hoopgod13, May 29, 2002.

1. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

Don't get me wrong...i hate the Lakers and Kings.

But HOT DAMN do i hate the Kings more.

1. That arrogant ass C-Webb and how it looks like he's gonna cry whenever he doesn't get a call (and every other play, too). Did u see how he refused to take the last shot? Then he acted like somebody punched him in the mouth. Sure Shaq whines...but at least he doesn't look like he's gonna cry.

2. Doug Christie and that damn thing he does after EVERY FRIGGIN PLAY . This isn't baseball...it ain't 2 outs...and i don't think ur a longhorn either...so stop hookin em'! Only reserved for the true Horns. :D

3. That damn Arco Arena and its damn fans. So damn annoying. And their damn owners too...

Something about Sac-town...ugh...

Or maybe it's just that I want a Celts-Lakers finals...oh that would be sweet.

Whatever...I guess it's all just a matter of personal opinion...blah...i think i'm drunk

edit: i'm not one of those blind ass fans who thinks the Kings are getting away with murder...the Kings are better right now...and should win...so don't bash me for being a laker's fan...cuz i ain't! it's just that i oh-so-hate the kings...

#1 hoopgod13, May 29, 2002
    Last edited: May 29, 2002
  2. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

I hate both teams. But isn't it sweet to see how lost Shaq, Kobe, and Phil Jackson looked after each and every loss? :D Actually I hate the Kings more, but watching the Lakers fall gives me such a great pleasure! :D

I'll be a happy man if either Eastern team beats the hell out of either the Kings or Lakers in the Finals. Not likely, but I guess the gap between the 2 teams in the finals will not be as huge as expected.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bibby= Stockton (minus the cheapness)

Cwebb= Malone; whiny during playoff time, and a better regular season performer.

Arco Arena= Delta Center.

Divac= ? Tips the scale on the whiny meter...

So why do you hate the Kings again? :D

4. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

I've had a lifetime's worth of Phil Jackson crap. Even if Webber is whiny, Divac shows a deft touch and game smarts (except those funky turnovers and bad fts in game five when the whole Sac team looked for fouls instead of trying to score). If our center had those smarts we'd be freaking overjoyed. If our two guard showed half the interest in hustling that Doug Christie showed, we'd be saying he was better than Mad Max on defense. :)

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

guys, guys...

C-Webb bad mouthed us and just sort of led us on during off-season....

GO LAKERS!

I want the Rockets to be the 1st to take them down, not Kings.

6. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

My hatred for Phil Jackson will not be denied. Sure I think CWebb whines all the time. Sure I think Divac could get a job in Hollywood with all that acting. In the end, however, it all comes down to my intense hatred for that nail buffing son of a butch.

Ohhhh yeah, plus I can't stand Kobe.

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I don't see how you guys can hate the Kings.

Think of how we've been suffering for these last few years. Kings fans have had it for much longer than that. I know CWebb is questionable, but I find little else that I can hate.

Also, that thing Christie does is he's saying "I Love You" to his wife. There's a story somewhere I read about how she has him pretty locked up...

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

C-Webb talked **** and they keep beating us, no, blowing us out of the gym.

That's all it takes with me.

9. Holden

Holden Member

i love the kings.
    sacramento-small market..vs LA repeated champions
    bibby great player.
    christie makes the sign of the cross, so what. hes got some cool tatoos as well.
    vlade flops. yeah it gets on my nerves, but it can never measure up to the hatred i feel for the egos of phil jackson and kobe bryant. nothing can ever take away from that. they are the ultimate villians in the Nba in my mind. i cannot stand philjackson. i cannot stand kobe bryant. and any team up against them, save utah, i root for.
    and even so, id still root for the kings if they were playing someone else.
    gotta love the kings.

:(

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Judas Priest, people..get a grip!

So what if the Kings have talked smack about us??

It's all part of the game.

I don't know how anyone other than Laker fans can complain about them getting beat.

I mean come on, we are talking about Kobe, Mr. Vanessa Williams,:rolleyes: , the "Big Idiot", oh mean "Big Aristotle"..greatest center to ever play even over Kareem, hakeem, and Chamberlain:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    and Phil, the greatest coach ever!:rolleyes:

And some of you hate the Kings??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:p

11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I like the way the Kings play. Divac has been very effective againist Shaq and I think that requires a bit of flopping. Bibby has been money and I like Christie`s demeanor. I would like nothing more than to see the Kings knock off the Lakers. As far as the crowd at Arco, I can only say I wish we had that type of support for our Rockets. The biggest dissapointment is C-Webb, he does not seem to want to take the critical shot and is content with kicking it out. He was more aggressive last night but still does not dominate the way he could or should. I still think it will go 7 and hopefully the King`s can beat the Lakers @ Arco in front of their home crowd which would be great for the city.

12. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

I only root for Robert Horry :p

13. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

GO KINGS.

"F" the Lakeshow.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HATE THE CELTICS - 81' 86'
    HATE THE LAKERS - 80s period and they way the league bends rules for them

NEVER WANNA SEE ANOTHER CELTICS LAKE CHAMPIONSHIP . . AGAIN!!!

Go Kings

Rocket River
    only thing greater than love for the rockets . . .is hate for the Jazz . .LAkers . .Celtics . . . .ggggggrrrrrrrr:mad:

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It doesn't matter who wins, everone here is going to hate them. Before, it was a toss up between the Lakers and the Blazers, now they pick the Lakers over the Kings??? Count you blessings

Utah did not win
    Blazers did not win
    Jackson and Kobe are on the verge of a final loss.

How much better can it get?

Oh yeah, we got the #1 pick.

16. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Are Hakeems many fans rooting for the Lakers? Right now, Dream and the big Aristotle both have 2 rings.

With all of their quirks, the Kings are entertaining, personable, focused, culturally diverse, and they pass the ball the way I hope the Rockets learn how to do!

Go Kings!!!

17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I for one have been rooting for the Lakers. I've always been a big Shaq fan since his rookie year. He gave props to Dream when he got schooled in 95. He plays hard, dominates, and isn't a thug. Shaq is a winner.

Seriously who in here wouldn't like to see a Lakers-Celtics NBA Finals?

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yep...probably the most important reason Rocket fans should be rooting against LA.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He's not a thug? Try telling that to the 28 other NBA centers that he elbows to the ground in every game. Also, try telling that to Yao Ming, after Shaq basically admitted that he would go after Ming with the elbows. Also, winners typically step up when the game is on the line. In Shaq's last seven fourth quarters (before last night), he averaged 3.4 points on 20% shooting from the field. The real winner, on the Lakers, is Kobe Bryant. He delivers in the closing seconds, and when the Lakers lose, he talks about the mistakes the Lakers made on the floor. Shaq goes straight to the refs, in two of the last three Sac wins. If it was another team, I wouldn't mind that... but none of the Lakers have any room to talk about bad officiating. Game 1 was one of the worst officiated games of all time. Game 4 might've gone to the Kings if not for Walker's three (that was late) and all the physical pressure the officials allowed the Lakers to put on Mike Bibby. It's gone both ways. The Lakers aren't used to that.

Oh, and I like the Celtics, but any Finals with the Lakers in it is bad.

20. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

It's lame when the same franchises win year after year. That's one reason I definitely don't want to see Boston play Los Angeles for the title. Boston has enough titles for four or five centuries. Sacramento and New Jersey are generally more entertaining than 95% of the league. I'm sick of teams having to go for a monster in the middle to attempt to counter Shaq abuse. I have to admit baseball is much worse, since they don't have revenue sharing and large media market teams will always crush the other teams in the long run the way it's currently setup.