1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only person who has more empathy for Animals then humans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsLegend, Dec 16, 2016.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The fact that you would even save a mavs fan loses all merit with me.

Also, humans can be scum and I wouldnt blame anybody being jaded by other humans they have come across or interacted with. For example, I had a friend that pulled over to help a "broken down" car on 59. There was a lady that seemed to be in distress, and then out of nowhere, her accomplice emerges out of the woods and pulls a gun on him and takes him for everything that was on him, takes his keys throws them in the woods so he couldnt follow them, then drives away laughing. **** humans sometimes. No dog would ever turn on me after I helped it out.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I think you're confused. I understand why people love their animals so much. I definitely have felt the same way towards various pets I've had.

What I don't (as no one should) understand is the crazy notion that anyone would pick their pet over another human being.

That's just borderline sociopathic level nonsense.

And I'm fairly certain if actually confronted with a situation like that, most who say ridiculous things like that wouldn't actually follow through with it.

But even the thought is disturbing.

Dgn1 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah, very dumb mentality.

There's nothing "hard" about that decision at all. You'd sacrifice someone else's loved one for your pet? Unbelievable.

I would have gave anything for any of the pets I grew up with. But saying you'd pick their life over any person is just beyond stupid.

Also, it's a double fold bullshit mentality to have because it comes across so much like "I'm better than other humans."

If there's one thing I hate about humans it's that **** right there. You think you're so above it all that your pet is more important than other people? Give me a break. So stupid.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I don't think I'm better than anyone.

Quite simply, my dog loves me unconditionally and more than anything in this world will.

I've been spurned by others enough in life to know that you should protect your loved ones/friends before strangers.

My dog is a part of my family.

I find it highly hypocritical to preach the "were no better than anyone" memo and then call people stupid for a mindset.

Interesting concept.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Meh, depends on the dog and it depends on the human. As a general rule it's okay to say pick the human over the dog (or whatever animal) but IMO that wouldn't always be the case.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

If you find that hypocritical, you missed the point entirely.

Even if you have a stupid mindset, if I had to save your life over my dog or cat, I would.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Well naturally, Mavs fans don't count as humans so I must agree with you there.

Maybe my use of the term "psychopath" was a little harsh, but I agree with @DudeWah that if faced with the option, only one outcome is acceptable: you must sacrifice your dog for the random human. And I really do think most would do the right thing anyway.

Dgn1 and DudeWah like this.
  9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

of course not but would I save my dog over my kid, probably not .

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm probably the same. For example, the best of humans or probably comparable to the lowest canines. They are loyal to a fault and only demand love in return

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Probably not? Please never procreate.

12. Nook

Nook Member

No they are not.

Buck Turgidson, droxford and DudeWah like this.
  13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I said this much earlier in the thread. I was told I was coming in with "TOO much burden". But this responde kinda validates me in support lol. Basically I was saying, that OP/You/Person says:

Humans Sin, Animals Innocent
    Animals Saved Before Humans
    YOU Are HUMAN Sinner
    YOU WILL NOT be SAVED.
    -- I will rescue my bloodhound, I will rescue your cheshire kitten, I will rescue a stranger's poodle, and I will rescue a stray siamese cat, before I EVER RESCUE YOU.

Its instead of using third party "other" people, I included YOU YOURSELF in that designation. Trying to align yourself to the innocent purity of animals doesnt work in giving you that same protective distinction.

(And yes I admit that the OP often attacked people about being this kind of way, only to be just like them himself. Thats where the directness comes in. At least he confesses and puts it out there though)

DudeWah likes this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

I am amazed at how much tolerance and trust animals have. I mean would you let someone wake you up whenever they wanted just so they could pet you, carry you around, and entertain them. They do. My kittens trust me to protect them. I believe they would protect me. I don't feel like I have to choose. I would try to save all life, humans and animals.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I had a buddy that I worked with that would boast this proudly. He said he'd kill a person before he'd ever kill an animal. He ate meat though. I didn't think to question him on that.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Probably best to not ask where he got the soylent green

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably would have hunted if there were no markets or supermarkets around.

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Luckily my two kids nor I care what Nook and DudeWah from clutchfans think about our relationship. :rolleyes:

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I guess I see it as a lost of my dog has an impact to my dog, me and my family. The lost of a random person has impact to that person, that person family and friends. The latter is much much greater.

Tha_Dude and DudeWah like this.
  20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I started to think this thread should be in the D&D with how indignant some people have gotten. Who knew this issue would get so charged?

I had a neighbor who neglected their dog. On time I heard it yowling and the owner was gone. I walked over and found it was tied in the backyard but the lead was caught on the chain link fence and the dog was half-hanged. I got it loose, but it tried to take my hand off in the process. It's not that a dog won't turn on you; it's just they won't actually plot to trick you.