1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one who has trouble with...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dankstronaut, Apr 12, 2017.

1. droxford

droxford Member

My parents are dead.

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

that explains the trouble they have with cell phones

droxford likes this.
  3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

My mom will throw her cell phone into her gigantic, might-as-well-have-4-wheels, cavernous boat/purse and then wonder why she never hears her phone ring. It's gotten to the point where people will literally call the house, my father's cell phone, MY cell phone, and then finally try her when they want to talk to her.

However, one thing I'm infinitely thankful for is that both of my parents are surprisingly tech savvy. I was expecting to have to literally spend hours upon hours working with them on how to use smart phones and tablets, but they've both pretty much mastered them without much difficulty. It's gotten to the point where they share viral videos and memes with me before even some of you guys do. I'm not sure what to do with that, but it's my life now.

4. lpbman

lpbman Member

That is adorable.

And identifiable... I can hear the 120db wail of the tv from my grandparents driveway. Hearing aids sitting in the charger while they yell "what?!" at each other.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm constantly texting my mom pictures of my kids and she always replies back and says she "can't see" them. We both have iPhones, so I have no idea why she can't see them.

So I text them again (exactly as I did before....) and she replies back and says "thanks, now I can see them." o_O

6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Mostly where I'm at as well. My mom's biggest issue with her cell phone is it's either buried deep in her purse, or she leaves it on the other side of the house all day.

But outside of that they're definitely not the least tech-savvy people I know. My mom was actually able to figure out the basics of how some things functioned on her phone better than the equivalent on a PC... I'm pretty sure it's a mental block she has that basically makes her think "I'm dumb at computers, but I understand phones," ergo things she never really tried to understand on a PC and just asked for help, all of a sudden she understand the same thing on a phone.

The flipside to this is neither of my parents really get the whole "smartphones can multitask" thing. I'll be on a call with one of them, and they'll go "hang on, let me look that up on my phone." Then they abruptly hang up and call me back in 5 minutes. Makes me chuckle.