1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one that still believes in Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, May 19, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Of course I'm not.

I assume everyone remembers in the not to distant past how much effort, how much heart, how much grit and determination our post-yaomac lineups showed. The Lowrys, the Scola's, the chuckwagon defying odds at center.

I loved watching that team. I knew every single night that we'd give the opposition a strong showing, that somehow, by force of will we would compete.

But ever since it became clear that Yao could no longer continue on, what our team could achieve, our ceiling as a basketball team was capped. Fans do not support teams to be the Atlanta Hawks of years gone by. Winning championships is what its about.

And despite all the heart, effort, that the rockets of years gone by has shown, heart and effort alone do not win championships. Talent AND heart wins you championships.

Harden is an incredibly flawed player. He looks like he doesn't give a ****, he can be a sieve defensively and his game perhaps just doesn't mesh well will playoff basketball, as the alpha dog. But he is 24, and is only going to develop as a player. Everyone knows he can be an offensive force, but Sure he isn't the most likeable rocket given his suspected apathy, but there is still time for him to overcome his struggles.

cliffnotes: Harden suck no effort but if Harden effort then good team can win big shiny gold ball thing

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

In Harden, we trust.

3. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

There are people giving up Harden? Is he even 25 yet?

Am I the only one who wasn't disappointed with the season? I was expecting at least the 2nd round, but I knew a championship run was not gonna happen this year. Next year I will be disappointed. We are better than Portland.

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/A25AydTiHxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  5. Raven

Raven Member

Enough with the drama trolling. He's only 25. He will get better, though the Rockets might need to tweak their offense, so he actually has to earn his shots.

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

The thing is, even with his struggles, he's still an incredible player...

95% of the time he makes up for his lack of defense with his scoring. Some of you expect too much, you feel entitled to having a Lebron or a Durant. We're not entitled to ****, be happy with the talent we have because let me tell you something, effort is much easier to develop than talent.

"If he just shows effort I'm happy", that's bull****. Clutchfan's points out every little flaw in any situation or thing & inflates it up into a blimp. If it wasn't his defense it'd be his ****ing mo hawk.

Be grateful.

1 person likes this.
  7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He's 24

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i need Clutch to write up something on Harden, so I can update my sig...next year is going to be a very important year for James Harden.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I still love harden. I would love him more if he gave a damn on defense. He got embarrassed by Matthews.

10. TheJet

TheJet Member

This is the most concise comment I've read in a while about Harden. People nitpick him to death here. And while some of it is indeed warranted and true, you cannot overlook just how good he's been in spite of his weaknesses. The "Trade Harden for X" polls are almost as bad as the Lin polls.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He had a couple of bad games last series, but he also had some very good ones. He goes through slumps and hot streaks like any other player.

Giving up on him at this point in time is lunacy.

12. Lunik II

Lunik II Member

Harden is not going anywhere. All this talk about Harden getting traded is pointless. If im wrong and It does happen, I will jump from the top of the J.P Morgan building.

13. Lunik II

Lunik II Member

with a parachute

1 person likes this.
  14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CQ0PitQCeYc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lol don't care if this has already been posted. Sorry I don't hang out here as often as I should.

NSFW

15. wise_man

wise_man Member

In hardeen I trust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

24!
    24 YRS OLD@
    24!

too early to give up on him . . .

Rocket River

17. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Eh? IIRC, Matthews had negative offensive win shares in the series, meaning he was godawful. Terrence Jones was easily the worst defender on the Rockets that series, though Aldridge was scoring on everyone anyway.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

not trolling, perhaps i should included a poll asking whether we should trade him for dragic or wiggins

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

Even Lebron and Durant have bad games. They have had bad playoff games or even entire playoff series.

And what happens whenever they do? They get blamed. For the entire team losing. Fans and media start saying that player isn't clutch enough, doesn't have enough drive to win, that they shrink under the big lights of the playoffs. Fans start asking to trade that player, and media starts asking whether or not the team would be better without them.

That's what happens with superstars. Nevermind the fact that Kevin Durant won the MVP this season- a couple of bad games and all of a sudden he is "Mr Unreliable". Nevermind the fact that James Harden helped lead our team to the playoffs for two straight years and one of the best regular season this team has had in a long time- a bad playoff series and all of a sudden he is a player that we will never win a championship with and we should trade him for whatever another team is willing to give up for him.

That's just what happens with superstars. Just about all of them have gone through it at one point or another. It kind of sucks. The fact that James Harden is being judged this way, not by his stats or his numbers or his regular season but whether or not he can guide a team to postseason success, that just proves that he has become a legit superstar in this league. And, at 24 years old, we are lucky to have him.

20. Karolik

Karolik Member

thats why he's gets on my ****ing nerves..He just looks like HDAF out there, while everyone else is busting their asses to win.