1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alternate Jersey Unveiling Thread (UPDATE: Design of jersey, shorts)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 23, 2009.

?

Do you like the Rockets new third jersey?

1. YES, I like it. Good mix of old and new.

411 vote(s)
    60.3%
  2. NO, I don't like it. Wasted opportunity.

271 vote(s)
    39.7%
  1. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt. If it ends up being a formal event... Oops.

2. stab

stab Member

Why do I have a gut feeling that after I see these uni's I will have a look on my face that I get while smelling a God-awful passing of gas or watching the Rockets 'O' during games 5 and 7 of the WC semis last season....

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

same here... :(

4. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Cant wait for the pics

5. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

That's actually a good idea.
    Can our jerseys please say Orlando on the front, then TMac might actually play well for once...

1 person likes this.
  6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i'll try and post and up pics from Toyota Center.

7. G.O.A.T.

G.O.A.T. Contributing Member

I hope the toothy rockets is not making its return in Ketchup and Mustard

8. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Can you please be demoted to rookie, then you might actually WATCH some games... :rolleyes:

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

All this hype... if we don't have something revolutionary, I'll be disappointed. :D

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'm excited, but since their theme is "red nation", I am afraid that the new jersey won't be black or silver like I had hoped.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I liked it... I'd wear one, but I think I like the current jersey better. It's not anything like what Cebrero thought up ... if you're expecting radical departure you'll be disappointed. My favorite of all-time is the red road jersey from the championship days.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=yu9tpi3f08vqq8fxd71ua8huj

You can pre-order a jersey tonight, but you won't be able to walk away with one in hand until later (I assume starting on 11/6).

12. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I hope the jerseys look just like the 94-95 road jerseys (or home), with the current font, and with what BrooksBall said below.

13. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

The road championship jerseys are the best. I really wish the Rockets would go back to that. They must know that so many people would go bonkers for those jerseys again

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

my best guess:

* alternate jerseys are almost always road jerseys of the same cut as the basic / current jerseys.

* the team has invested a lot into the whole "red" scheme, so i would bet on this jersey being red.

* probably wont have the grey lines running on the side of the jersey, which some people complained about.

* replace the grey trim and white lettering with gold trim and gold lettering, bringing back the championship font. might be a nice merge of old and new.

two things i would bet money on. the base is going to be red, and the trim & lettering will be in gold. houston fans will appreciate it and it will boost sales in china. of course this is just an extrapolation. no one should take this as news or inside info.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

But don't we already have one of those???? :confused:

16. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I watch every game, and I have season tickets and go to every game, I think I know how TMac has played recently, without much effort

17. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I think its basically going to be the same jersey as our road Red one, except with HOUSTON on the front and a touch of yellow somewhere.
    Tad Brown said it would be a darker color, but i'm not sure he sticked to his promise..

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'll never feel completely comfortable watching the Rockets unless they go back to the championship jerseys... which means I'll probably never feel completely comfortable watching the Rockets.

19. AXG

AXG Member

Oh darn, I thought they were unveiled already! I wish they'd just bring back the Championship year jerseys with a modern look like Detroit did.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

its prob just the current jersey, with houston in the old font, no shiny red, and some yellow trim or yellow letters