1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Already tied last year....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Dec 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

Mchale! He's the reason! Need someone like Pops or Phil someone that players respect and fear of. Mcfail is a joke!

2. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Thank you! I have been preaching this as soon as all those "Guess our record at the end of the year" or "How many games will we win before we first lose one", before the season even started, started popping up. People have to realize that it will take time to gel. Could we end up being one of the better teams in the West as in top 2 or 3? Possibly. Is that a fair expectation for their first year together? No. This isn't a championship or bust season. I will say this (as I have been), we are WAY further along than I thought we would be at this time. Our offense (when healthy or almost healthy) has shown a great deal of improvement (We still need to do more, obviously, in terms of our spacing). I love some of the new offensive wrinkles we have started to show the last several games (excluding Phoenix), with the double ball screens and loop screens we have been implementing. We will get better with better chemistry. Just enjoy the ride.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, exactly.

You know the thing with this team - if there is too much pressure to win from the get go they won't be able to develop chemistry. You have to let a young team have a little bit of fun. Contending is a grind - it's mentally taxing. And it's a long season. These guys need to be able to make mistakes and lose and such.

The organization, coaching staff, and media puts enough pressure on them. They put pressure on themselves - a ton of it. A lot for young men to do. We as fans, we don't need to put more pressure on them or get stressed out and have to get all worked up about it. All we got to do is have fun watching and enjoy the ride - just as you said, and cheer them on.

And thanks for all the kind words from many of the folks here. Honestly I am a bit surprised and humbled that my rant post at 230am got so much positive feedback.