1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Ime Udoka with the uncomfortable truth about Alperen Sengun.

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

"Agenda twitter" lol

People are seeing it.

Would you not trade Sengun for AJ Griffin?

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

5. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

You don’t get clicks and eyeballs if you don’t push an agenda. Clicks and eyeballs pay the bills so it is what it is.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

too many tweets

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Rockets would have been at least as successful if Sengun didn't get hurt.

But Jalen might not be scoring this much with Sengun in because they would have shared the offensive load rather than leaning solely on Jalen. Jalen would probably be even more efficient though.

Another guy that has been affected by Sengun's absence is Amen. He got to start and play heavy minutes. With Sengun, he would still come off the bench backing up Fred and Dillon.

Oh, and Jock wouldn't have turned into our X-factor. :D

clutchdabear likes this.
  8. maypk

maypk Member

The uncomfortable truth? LMAO, I got one uncomfortable truth.

If it weren't for FVV and Sengun, the Rockets would be competing for #1 in the lottery right now and not for the play-in. It seems like one individual forgot how bad Jalen, Jock, and his boy Jabari were most of the season.

tagedieb, subtomic and cml750 like this.
  9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Only thing I worry about with sengun when he returns is teams don’t respect his perimeter shots he can’t hesitate to let it fly anymore. That stagnates the offense. Him and Jalen can work but it’s not all Jalen fault when the offense stagnates. Sengun does drag more defenders into the paint m, crowding it. If Jalen ain’t shooting great from 3 then his offense will Suffer with Sengun

10. maypk

maypk Member

I'm glad he found himself a rope to hold on to. He was looking a little depressed after "the uncomfortable truth" dropped 45 on Wemby's head.

tagedieb, clutchdabear and cml750 like this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but Jalen's 3pt shots would be more open. The thing is, Jalen had open shots from 3 partly because Sengun's gravity inside. He just couldn't make them. Now he is making even the very difficult step backs. The turn around is just unbelievably drastic.

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I hope we continue to fast and uptempo like we were before sengun got injured plus one can also stagger their minutes to keep a star on the floor at all times

Easy likes this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sengun is one of the smartest big man in the league in my opinion. Man played years in a team system where ball movement is basically second nature. It's quite strange that folks are worried that sengun isn't able to thrive in this team that is on a hot streak.

Unathletic, not big enough, not a good defender and now not fast enough. the goal post keeps moving

14. invocux

invocux Member

Kid averages 21/9/5 at 21 years old, clearly the most consistent and talented player on the roster yet they still want him to be traded. They wanted him gone when Wood was on the roster. They weren't a good fit. Starting from his 2nd season they started dickriding Bruno because he was a lob threat unlike Sengun. I distinctly remember that one game Bruno had 7 assists and my timeline was full of ppl who were discussing if he was a better passer than Sengun. Even the biggest accounts on Twitter were pushing that Bruno should start over Sengun agenda. Now they are completely ignoring the fact that him and Fred carried this team on their backs until the injury and wanting him to be traded again because he is apparently holding Green back now. It never ends.

Truth be told fans never truly loved him. I like the kid and a part of me wants him to leave and find success elsewhere. Our rtarded fans will always be on his ass until he singlehandedly wins us a championship. Maybe it's better for both parties

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

These posts are always the best. Peak OF.

No fans will love him as much as his only fans. Thinking things will change on a different team is foolish. There will still be fans and people who cover the team who don’t love him as much as you.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Rockets started playing faster before Sengun went down, it's a myth that the team started playing faster when he got hurt. We had won 4 of 5 with the one loss being a game against the Clippers we should have won.

The one long term benefit that may have happened with Sengun getting hurt is that it forced Green to be aggressive. It isn't as if the the shots weren't there all year for him, everybody has been begging for him to do this, but for whatever reason he's finally clicking once he started forcing the issue. It was far too easy for him to vanish when Sengun was here. And don't give me that nonsense about spacing, Thompson doesn't create more space.

I'll admit I've never had any feelings about Clutch's feelings on a player, but he really seems to have a hate boner for Sengun..it's weird.

Zen Tabak, Patience, tagedieb and 7 others like this.
  17. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

He seems like the opposite of Francis. I remember Francis was actually a really good spot up shooter, but he rarely got looks where others created for him. He was pretty bad off the dribble with his 3 Pointer. Green, on the other hand, seems to prefer the rhythm of creating his own shot.

fchowd0311 and Easy like this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The only other time I can remember was with Lin. Remember "the numbers are clear"?

But Lin was nowhere close to Sengun's talent and impact. And SOFs aren't as obnoxious as LOFs. I mean there are a few annoying Sengun fans. But Lin fans were something else.

Patience, tagedieb, cml750 and 6 others like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That is something I feel Green needs to work on. His jump shot is very rhythm based. He has to have a feel of the ball before hoisting it.

cml750, AroundTheWorld and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think if you’re going to have a strength in shooting, shooting off the bounce is better than spot up shooting for his archetype.
    Feels like he should be able to improve catch and shoot easier than being able to improve off the bounce shooting.

fchowd0311 likes this.