1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alonzo Gee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 19, 2014.

1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Difference between seeking out a player, and picking a player from a collection to match salaries. The difference between wanting someone and thinking he is the best of the players to choose from.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There's a difference..but if even if you just pick the best of the rest you deserve some kind of credit. It sure beats picking the worst or not having a choice at all.

3. Chamillionaire

I remember reading Morey was interested in him and wanted him a few years back. Has his game improved or regressed in the past few years?

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Given his age, I'm not sure regressed is the right word. Looks like he just didn't develop more.

5. Chamillionaire

I guess he really was just a filler, although I'm sure Morey still has a bit of interest in seeing what he can contribute. MEH...

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Kinda weird how some random Cavs ended up on the team, but whatever.

If he lasts until training camp, I think he has a legit shot to make the squad.

7. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

All he can do is dunk on people. He's basically a better version of James White.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Dude is built like Corey Magette. I hope he surprises us.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Dude has been trash the last two seasons... last time he was decent was 2012, and even then it's not like he was lighting the world on fire. I'd be surprised if he makes the rotation.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Alonzo Gee sucks. He is trade fodder.

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yes I agree! Gee is only the 417 th best player in the world. Straight trash.

12. Nook

Nook Member

He sucks as an NBA player.... Better? I would assume since this is a Rockets message board, and the Rockets play in the NBA, it would be obvious I am talking about NBA players.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its important to note that the Rockets did go after Gee in free agency a couple years ago.

However if 3.4 mil a year was too much for the Rockets to pay for him than maybe they weren't THAT interested in him as a franchise cornerstone.

The Rockets acquired Gee this Summer because of a transaction that got them a mid sized non-guaranteed contract that they can use for trades. However I definitely think that if a trade doesn't present itself to the Rockets, they will be intrigued to bring him in camp to see what he can do for this team.

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

So did Chandler Parsons and his matador defense

15. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Did you see the #10 in the 2013-2014 clip that OP posted? Classic example...

So glad to get rid of softies like casspi and Parsons and replace them with Ariza and gee.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I hope he sticks Gee can actually play he knows how to get his shot off and play D something our bench was god awful at last year. He would be a nice player off the bench

17. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

You guys remember Ronnie brewer. He can't be worse than him.