1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Time draft round 2: Jmcballer88 vs. bluffkin

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonatasFanboy, Sep 8, 2012.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Please break down your vote. You can use this scheme:
    Frontcourt
    Backcourt
    Bench
    Offense
    Defense
    Chemistry (how do players fit on the court)

Or just explain the main weaknesses / strengths that you think will determine the winner.

Voters: all participants and VBG and IzakDavid13 as outside judges. Anyone else welcome as well, as long as you explain your vote.

Jmcballer88

PG Jason Kidd
    SG Reggie Miller
    SF Alex English
    PF Elvin Hayes
    C Wilt Chamberlain

Bench
    PG: Penny Hardaway
    SG: Michael Redd
    SF: Elgin Baylor
    PF: Wes Unseld
    C: Bob Lanier

vs.

bluffkin

PG: Derrick Rose
    SG: Dwyane Wade
    SF: Tracy McGrady
    PF: Kevin Garnett
    C: Patrick Ewing

Bench:
    PG - Russell Westbrook
    SG - Adrian Dantley
    SF - Kevin Love
    PF - Ralph Sampson
    C - Andrew Bynum

2. Jamers

Jamers Member

if bluffkin didn't troll, he has decent chance against Jmc..

I'll take JMC here... no doubt about that

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Frontcourt
    bluffkin. A tough one. I think Wilt has the best combination of body and athleticism among center stars ever. But KG and TMac swing it for bluffkin, by a hair.

Backcourt
    bluffkin. In terms of pure talent, I'd take Wade-Rose over Kidd-Reggie.

Bench
    Jmc. I don't think Unseld translates as a star today. But overall, Jmc has a very nice bench which provides a bit of everything: elite guard shooting, elite guard post play/explosiveness/size, toughness, defense.

Offense
    Jmc. I think Jmc has the less talented team here overall, but it fits better offensively. It has a dominant super athlete big man, great playmaking, a ton of spacing, rebounding. It will be great both in transition and halfcourt. On top of it, while Reggie wasn't the most talented guard, he's as good a closer as anyone, just a great combination of clutch shooting/toughness/killer attitude.

Bluffkin has a ton of ball handlers who love to attack the rim, but spacing is a bit lacking, so a lot of it will be under-utilized. It's nice that both bigs can hit a jumper, but still, T-Mac shouldn't be the only (semi-) reliable 3pt shooter on a team with such an attack-the-rim mentality. Fast breaks will be amazing though.

Defense
    even. Both teams have several average defenders, an elite defensive guard, very solid defensive bigs, great defensive rebounding. Both even have some of the best trash talkers ever. Looks even to me.

Chemistry
    Jmc. Offensive roles seem much more defined, skill sets complement each other better.

Overall - Jmc. Pretty close series. Reggie closes out a couple games on killer 3s.

4. jvu

jvu Member

Blufkin win in 6

5. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Elgin would probably start

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I'll vote tonight...it's Sunday down under, have evening church service.

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Wouldn't help you win at all even if he did start:p

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

bluffkin could've really needed a 3pt shooter in his starting unit to give him more spacing, but the individual defense is pretty sick if you think about primes and Wade vs. Reggie could be an advantage if Wade continuously slashes and causes jmc's bench to collapse.

Think he has a tiny advantage on defense with Rose, Wade, T-Mac, KG, Ewing.

Offense? Kidd runnin PnR with Hayes and Wilt would be pretty dangerous, although KG is a great PnR defender. Then you have Reggie comin off screens and bein open at the 3pt line, great scoring option. But like I said, he has Wade on him and T-Mac/KG as possible help defenders to close the gap on shooting attempts.

Sampson off the bench is a great option for bluffkin, especially with the size and athleticsm advantage over Hayes and especially over Unseld. Feel like Unseld shouldn't play any minute in this matchup because KG and Sampson would humiliate him.

Would feel better about voting for bluffkin if he had one true 3pt shooter in his lineup, but T-Mac, Wade and Rose have a decent 3pt% in their primes and all had incredible 3pt nights where they hit everything.

Think jmc would win chemistry though, no headcases(except for Wilt maybe) and an incredible leader in Kidd.

The athleticsm, the backcourt and PF advantage lead me to voting for bluffkin, although jmc has a really good team and it would be a close series.

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Frontcourt: JMC... WILT would destroy Ewing, Big E would be to much for K.G.
    In saying that, the Ewing / Garnett frontline is still pretty good, and would compliment each other well.

Backcourt: Bluff...too much to handle.

Bench: damn close to a tie but BLUFF gets the vote here. Ralph Sampson & Dantley put him just over the line first.

Offense: Tied. Both have a unique skill set. The run and gun play of Bluff vs the Bang down low / kick out style of JMC.

Defense: JMC...Wilt and Big E, Kidd make up for Reggie's Ineffectiveness
    Chemistry: Bluff...he could use another 3 point shooter, but his players compliment each other a little better.

This would also be very close. I love Wilt and think that he is very underrated on this board. In saying that, Dwayne Wade, Rose and McGrady running and gunning with a prime Garnett trailing, and Ewing taking Wilt away from the basket with his 18ft jumpers gives Bluffkin the win.

BLUFFKIN WINS

10. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I agree with donatas, so I won't really make this in depth. Jmc has the inferior players but the superior team. His team fits together very well and an. Inside out game with wilt/hayes and reggie would be great. Bluffkin really needs one more shooter. This is a very close series but I think the chemistry and. Better fit of jmc's team would win it for him.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

FC: JMC

Close. Very good matchup, I am going with JMC here. Wilt>> Ewing.

BC: Bluff

Wade and Rose are SICK. J Kidd and Reggie will be/are HOFers but Wade and Rose have shown dominance individually.

Bench: Bluff

Too much talent on that bench.

Offense: JMC

TOUGH but Wilt is a MONSTER on Offense down low, combined with MILLER TIME and English outside? ERR MER GERD !!!

Defense: Bluff

KG, Wade, Ewing. nothing given up in the paint outside of Wilt. perimeter d is shaky but is better than JMCs

Chemistry: JMC

J Kidd is a distributor. Reggie and English are shooters, Wilt down low in the pain and Hayes running the high post. This team is set up for success.

Winner: JMC

close call, but this team fits better than Bluffs team.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

4-3 Jmc so far