1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All things wack about Dallas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketshopeful, Aug 5, 2019.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I was at a party out of state and every one was ragging on this one dude from texas for being a douche and sure enough he was from dallas. Like I could have bet you a million bucks dude was from dallas.

Its funny to be in a foreign country and come across guys from texas in the wild. The ones that make us look the worst are always from dallas.. F-ucking always .then I find myself having to explain them. Usually it ends with 'well they are from dallas'

Ive gotten pretty good at spotting them and I like to make it into a bit of a game.
    The number of dallas joke shops ruining it for us is too damn high. Stop making us look bad dallas poser guy. Its tiring and I cant defend it. This is not a rivalry thing...please stop.
    Signed,
    The rest of texas
    big shocker. Every time I read one of his posts I usually mutter under my breath 'yup dallas' or I will just say '- dallas'

Wet the bed? That was a nice 'dallas' you pulled there..
    Dropped the ball? Thats called a ' dallas' good one you poser

da_juice likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You're right. I thought about it, and the racist undertone is the Dallas area itself. The ticket is GREAT. My bad, it's been a while and they sort of glommed together in my brain.

The food scene in Dallas isn't even close to Houston. Unless you like chain restaurants.

da_juice and ferrari77 like this.
  3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

WOah woah woah now patna, slow your roll talking about that Walmart. I don't give a crap about the people and I definitely dislike Arlington ("No, we don't need or want public transportation or DART in our city") but don't go talking bad about the parking lot. That's the only- O-N-L-Y place around Jerry World that I've been able to sneak park for a game at Jerry World. Did that a couple of times and it worked out.

Bob Barker 007 likes this.
  4. Bob Barker 007

Good for you. I'm glad you haven't gotten robbed given the odds. I park at On the Border whenever I go to Globe Life and never have had issues doing that either.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Houston has the diversity, better food, and better people

It would suck to have to live in Dallas. Nah man, I can’t do it.

I went to 1 of the Rockets games in Dallas last season, and their arena is full, but it honestly wasn’t that loud...felt like I was surrounded by a bunch of middle age people and senior citizens

6. Buck Turgidson

Grady Spears, Dean Fearing, Steven Pyles...eat at any of their restaurants. Or drive to Buffalo Gap.

Hustle Town likes this.
  7. Roscoe Arbuckle

I will say this: If you happen to be stuck in Dallas, Go get the Magic Burger at "Knife," I've had a lot of great burgers, but this is still my favorite.

[​IMG]

8. Buck Turgidson

Is that a burger on a biscuit?

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

English Muffin. Queen Vic was doing this when they were open. It really works.

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I wouldn't put much stock in that yet. They've been in the doldrums since 2012 and just getting into Luka mania. In the next 2 or 3 seasons, if they become a respectable team again then I'm sure the AAC will be loud. It was decently loud during Dirk mania.

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

Drove to dallas this weekend for a wedding.

What a nightmare.

Once you get into the 2 lane area....45 north/south is practically a single road.
    one long line of folks going 5 under (speed limit is 75mph) and one lane for trucks with large gaps in between. so if you want to pass, you have to squeeze through to the right lane, gun it, then get back into the left lane. rinse and repeat.

But that wasn't the worst part. driving in dallas is maddening. the roads are laid out illogically. random parallel roads so when google maps says turn right, you better be turning right into the correct one of the 3 possible roads...
    pot holes EVERYWHERE. giant dips in the road at intersections.

downtown dallas is just a ghetto. desolate. homeless everywhere.

rest of the city looks like it's actively being gentrified but also going downhill at the same time.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The speed thing is so right on. I’m visiting in Dallas now and I don’t understand how so many people can go so slow under the speed limit. I thought I was speeding on 75N but everyone else is just going 10-15 mph under the limit

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

How ridiculously good their youth soccer is. Especially in comparison to Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.

14. Buck Turgidson

Yall should spend more money on it, because that's what's important.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

hunh?

Im not sure why but i guess you're being condescending. my son and i just went to the park and played basketball, soccer, tennis/soccer, picklllll ball, went to the gym for 30 min, then jumped in the pool and threw a football for a while all for.... free. I worked 8 hours today and now im about to die.

16. Buck Turgidson

Youth sports are largely stratified based on the money of the parents involved. It's not just Dallas, it's everywhere.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Believe me I know. Soccer is (as far as I know) worse in this regard than the other major sports. My kid loves LOVES sports though and I think with his personality traits and living in Austin it's good for him. It's a good place to put his energy that may otherwise go somewhere negative.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Also my son has been on AAU teams while I had gone back to school and they charge to get in the building of every tournament. So me being poor I didnt get to see him play basketball much until he played in middle school. Still, a drop in the bucket when it comes to competitive soccer though.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Baseball is massively worse, and it pretty much sickens me.

I feel you. Kids should just have fun and play whatever they want to until 'they' want to be serious

20. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Girl's High School Volleyball is much the same. If a High School team doesn't have many players with a strong background in Club Volleyball, then that team will have a very limited upside.