1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ALL teh single ladiez!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hmm, May 15, 2010.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

so the "news" felt the need to bring this little video to my, and every fellow americans attention... I'm sure Ronny will disagree most vehemently about their inability to appreciate what they cannot relate to...

frankly, the video just serves to remind me how fortunate I am to be a part of this generation in music... where once little girls had such musical inspirations to turn to like a Patsy Cline, Billie Holiday, Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin, Joni Mitchell, Heart, even the likes of a Joan Jett, Pat Benatar... heck, Reba Mcentire... no more...

we need more Beyonces, that teach if you want to make it big in this world, particularly in music... be as sexually ostentatious as possible... it's the only way... or Lady Gagas, to teach that if you can meet this requirement due to certain visual disadvantages.... make yourself as big of a "look at me" spectacle in costume as possible to add a little more rouge to the self-content level of your music... rather than actually invest effor into the music itself... going for something exceptional without heeding to the guidelines of the male audience...

now let's all have some light fun with the fruits of our satisfactory, nonchalant aspirations:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UrKukbZjX8A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UrKukbZjX8A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Disturbing.

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

they danced very well....too bad it was like the company El Hitman keeps.... :(

4. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

[​IMG]

5. YourSecretLover

hmmmm world of dance?

6. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

kam is all over this brah

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

indeed... but, I think it's the careless absence of a sandwich making sequence... that renders this dance less artistic, and more crude.......

8. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

9. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I don't know if you have sisters, but those outfits aren't really all that new. When I was a kid and my sisters were in dance they wore similar things. As far as musicianship, faux nostalgia skews your logic. There are better cases to be made than Beyonce. The girl has musical talent. She can sing very well and writes a lot of her own stuff. She also seems to work pretty hard.

Its funny because I was just discussing the slow demise of our country. The gap between the extremely wealthy and middle class, the "money is God" thinking, paying people big money for little to no skill, Jersey Shore, a government consisting of lawyers, laziness and still an entitled attitude, greed, etc. Little girls in dance pageants never came up. Weird. Maybe we'll go over it next time.

10. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Future Prostitutes of America

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

From "Before the Music Dies", Erykah Badu on how to be a pop star.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/92GM851j20k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/92GM851j20k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Couldn't watch the vid after the first 5 seconds. Felt like pedobear...

But really, it was a different time period back then. In addition, music videos weren't around. Thus, you did not have to sell an image. Listen to a Billie Holliday song. It's laced with stuff about sex/men problems. Not to mention she was a prostitute/heroin addict. Yeah, really good example for the kids to look up to.... :rolleyes:

13. Hmm

Hmm Member

"this girl" obviously can't be referring to Beyonce... certainly not Lady Gaga, she works overly hard dressing up her mediocre music as to achieve superficial recognition... not musical merit...

so tell me, who is this mysterious person you're alluding to...? I'd like to hear more from her....

also, no nostalgia applied here by me, "faux" or otherwise... I wasn't even alive when most of the artists listed were in their primes, and for the others I was still a naive little boy of very young single digit age... unaware to their musical merit... I wouldn't know what that've meant had you mentioned the notion... so nothing skews my perspective here...

not to mention those women listed didn't have their image pampered to by the media with over-exposure for adhering to it's marketable commercial guidelines... they earned their own respective applause, and merit via producing actual artistic content... some being truly exceptional... being worthy of recognition by means of their music... while mananging to express and keep their own individual voices...

there's no such thing as musical demise... short of there ever being a law written exiling it altogther... no, in music there is only stagnant mediocrity in droves... which in itself can lend to a slow demise in other human endeavors.. weak exercise of the creative/artistic human muscle leads to smaller personal aspirations as less is perceived, which then leads to acceptance of mediocre results from those around us as less is cared for, adherence to adequate established concepts as opposed to exceptional new ones... leading to "laziness" to what we already have, rather than muster forth personal invest for worthwhile changes... which can breed a sense of entitlement... and greed, by being more attuned to superficial gains, than aware of substantial individual losses..

especially when the behavior is instilled from such a young age...

perhaps you should broach the subject from time to time... it is "weird"... surpised that such a person interested in human progress in other matters, wouldn't see the connection...

14. Hmm

Hmm Member

"musical inspirations" not behavioral role models... is the term I used here...

and the whole music video excuse is nonsense... I don't recall a "simulated sex" or "ostentatious sexualization" explosion the moment MTV came along...

there were allusions to sex, social commentary about sex... sex implied lyrically, by video editing, and/or artistic performance(dance/presentation)...

what he we have now came about steadily later on... when most gave up on substance and mobbed to the superficial... the "it's easier and quicker to sell" mentality of the "music business" and mainstream media...

what's presented here is overt sexual advertisement... as in not "here's a hint a sex utilized to advertise my product", but as in, "I'm advertising sex itself, outright, explicitally, nothing else"... much like the approach applied by "exotic dancers".... and now here we have it being taken up by seven year old girls... very artistic...

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Prostitots.

1 person likes this.
  16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I think he was talking about Beyonce...

But really, Lady Gaga is ridiculously talented. I know she pushes it with the overblown image thing, but the chick knows what she is doing.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YECOuNyR5MQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YECOuNyR5MQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ufi-tMIk9jg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ufi-tMIk9jg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    <br>
    <br>
    Also, not to sound like a know it all, but all artists have had their image pampered since well....forever. There was just as much musical propaganda back then as there is now. Well, maybe not exactly as much, but that is attributed to a time difference. There is really no way to argue that people earned their own applause, etc... More often than not, artists back in those days came under heavy fire for provocative lyrics/meanings. It wasn't until later that their music was truly appreciated.

17. SoSoDef76

SoSoDef76 Contributing Member

I don't understand the music snobbery that goes with trashing a successful music artist as "mediocre." It may not be my thing, but obviously there's a large number of people who enjoy it.

18. Hmm

Hmm Member

her voice is her biggest talent, and really it's passable, but rather mediocre... from a technical standpoint... artistically, it's a style already established, that's been vocalized with more talent, volume, sustain and emotion than Lady Gaga has presented... I can't even really consider her any better than Christina Aguilera... vocally...

I'll agree, however, that she does indeed know what she's doing.... after all one of her quoted goals was that "one day everyone will know who I am"... and by looks alone, you certainly can't miss her...

once again, note the context... "not to mention those women listed didn't have their image pampered to by the media with over-exposure for adhering to it's marketable commercial guidelines"...

there's a huge difference between propaganda used to draw an audience to an artist/performer that demands the exposure by means of their art/performance... and what I'm speaking of here... which is by spoon feeding the audiences marketable images by over-exposure... that offer nothing else but their marketable images...

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't even know what is the point of the thread. The OP criticizes modern music, by linking a video to a dance competition. These are two totally unrelated fields. If you wanted to show us how crappy modern day music is and how awesome Reba McEntire was you should have linked us to an American Idol or juggalos video or something.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Basically
    Esp from someone who wants to prop up folx
    and didn't live in the time . . .
    Alot of Vernable Artist of today
    were looked upon in there time . .. like the snobs look at today's artist
    The appreciation only comes in Hindsight.

Rocket River