1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All Star Game Ballotting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kent335, Nov 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

A not pg

Stephen Curry has been equally as bad (and very overrated)

Teague is in the East

2. pnr

pnr Member

Those are point guards? (Although Harden is apparently a point guard this year)

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's about guards, not point guards.

4. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

I wouldn't call Lin a lock just yet as a starter. With the return of Mike D'Antoni, and Steve Nash the attention will come back. Steve Nash is also not an unknown in China.

[​IMG]

Chris Paul and the Clippers are also playing exciting basketball.

5. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I wouldn't call Lin a lock either. Fans can vote through Facebook and Twitter, both are blocked in China.

It's not about voting for players with the best stat line. If this is the case, no voting is needed, just send the scoring leaders to the game. It's about who the fans like to see.

It'll be embarrassing for the host city if no one from its team gets elected. SO MAKE SURE YOU AT LEAST VOTE FOR ASIK!!!!

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Everybody seems to think that Lin is a lock as a starter because of the overseas vote. What they don't get is that Kobe has been the most famous player in Asia. CP3's son is ridiculously popular overseas lol he has his own shirts there. People are tripping over this China vote nonsense as if Lin doesn't have a cult following in the states namely Boston & the Bay Area. A lot of people would look foolish if he doesn't get as many votes as people expected & frankly I will bump this thread & laugh at all of you.

7. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

I don't think it's that because people in China will be allowed to vote through their own social network sites, i.e. Weibo.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/11/13/2013-all-star-ballot-release/?ls=iref:nbahpts

At this point, Kobe is locked in as a guard. I still think Lin will have to beat out other guards because there will still be Chinese fans who are not going to vote for him. Unless he at least has some big games, the Lin hype is just about gone.

8. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

I'm penciling in Royce. Lin won't get in. China is not LOF, they see him as American. Dude barely speaks their language, plus he's not playing well. Why they not vote for Yi Jianlan every year?

9. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Nope. The Ballot has "Guard" on it. Not "Point Guard". 2 shooting guards can start.

10. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

My mistake on Teague but as I said, "Half of them don't even deserve to be All-Stars".

11. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Based on humbleness, unselfishness, work ethic, personality of lin, lin should be voted in. He has fans around the globe. People like me just hope he will succeed. Guess I have to be a little bit of patient. He will be back fully.

12. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

If not China, he certainly has the votes coming from Taiwan.

13. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

It's the All Star game. Who cares.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's not about China or Taiwan, people. Do y'all not know how the world works?

The rich, Republican Harvard alumni are going to steal the election. Stern won't know what hit him.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL That is what I have been saying. People are seriously talking like they will boycott the all star games if Lin gets voted a starter. Some people need to go reassess there priorities.

16. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Are you going to vote for Jimmer Fredette too?

17. highlander3128

Since when has Kobe become a PG? WTH is Nash doing in LAL? Please think before you post, or you are closing your credibility.

18. King901

King901 Member

You must want the East to win?

19. Defy9

Defy9 Member

It's an ALL STAR GAME.

It's literally meaningless and is only for fun, it is for FANS so FANS CHOOSE who they want to see play in aforementioned meaningless game.

You people make dramas out of everything.

20. slickster

slickster Member

Seriously? Asik is not an all star. Voting him in as one of the top 24 players is even more embarrassing than voting for lin.

Harden is plausible, but his FG% is dropping faster than enron stock after those morons got arrested. Poor shooting on a mediocre team? Strong demerits there as well.

I cheer for teams I like, but this has no bearing on how I vote for all stars.