1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[All Star 2nd Returns] Yao leads all; T-Mac needs our votes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matador, Dec 29, 2006.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Tmac 19 pts - Hawks 19 pts with 5:37 left in second q . seems like atleast a reserve allstar to me.

2. yaoza ming

yaoza ming Rookie

Why don't you two get marrried or something. geez.

3. Sextuple Double

ChrisBosh might be the most hated dude on this board.

He is right, I only voted for him out of favoritism, which is what the game is all about nowadays, but at best he should be a reserve.

But for those who truly believe that he deserves to start don't worry. Should AI pass him for even a split second the Chinese will make an extra effort to vote for him as many times per day as possible. Every living soul in China will vote 4 times a day for the next 3 weeks (1.3 billion x 4 x 21 = 109.2 billion votes)

4. Matador

Matador Member

Check this out from rockets.com:

http://www.nba.com/rockets/fans/All_Star_Balloting_BLITZ__01-202391-34.html

All Star Balloting BLITZ
    Saturday, Jan. 6th from 11am-4pm at Sugar Land Town Square
    Join us at Sugar Land Town Square for the next installment of the All Star Balloting BLITZ from 11 am to 4 pm on Saturday, January 6th. Come and fill out 30 ballots for a chance to win Autographed Rockets All-Star items and tickets to a future Rockets home game. All Star Balloting, It’s HOME Team PRIDE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds like the same type of thing the Rockets do at home games to encourage all star ballot fill outs. Everyone always talks about the Chinese influence on the ballot results, but I think an overlooked factor is how well the Rocket organization promotes their players for fan voting. At the Cavs game I went to they were doing the prizes for filling out ballots and the worker told me 8,000 ballots were filled out that night.

So go on out there if you live in the Sugarland area and get your vote on and win some Rockets gear!

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Tracy doesn't deserve it IMO

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

From your second link:

Look, Yao won't be a complete bust. On the big-man scale he still comes up north of Gheorghe Muresan. I also like him better than the player he's inevitably compared to, Shawn Bradley, if only because Yao is a better athlete and younger than the Mormon Mosquito when he came to the NBA. But he'll never approach Rik Smits' achievements, such as they were. He'll get some points and blocks simply by virtue of being longer than anyone else, but I must ask the essential question: Is that what you want of a top draft choice?

LOL. This is funny stuff.

7. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

I voted for VSpan as a write-in candidate. You can, too. I felt sorry for him. :)

8. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

Come on guys, on top of the ballot it says "Vote for your favorite players" not who deserves it. Keep voting because if T-MAC does not be named starter he might not even make the team and then we wouldn't see any Rocket in the all-star game assuming Yao skips the game because of his injury. Not too mention McGrady always puts on a show in the all-star game! VOTE! :D

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I want McGrady to rest his back....so NO VOTE from me.

DD

10. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Voted.

Yao
    KG
    Melo
    T-Mac
    AI

D. Howard
    Bosh
    LeBron
    Arenas
    Vince

Write in: Bonzi Wells

lol..

11. tsunami

tsunami Member

Where is Shane Battier ???

12. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

^^write in SKIP TO MY LOU. We need some And1 stuff in the allstar game. Dont vote in tim duncan, dirk crap etc they are boring. The allstar game is about fun and crazy action.

13. Omer

Omer Member

I wish, that would make my year.

Anyways, for those of you who don't understand...here.

[​IMG]

That's on top of the damn All-Star Ballot.

14. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

are u crazy?? u voted for freakin AI? u know AI is only a few votes behind Mcgrady. why would u vote for AI and Mcgrady at the same time?

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Does T-Mac really deserve to be an all star starter this season?

16. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

No doubt about it! He's one of my favorite players and I will vote for him no matter what.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

You haven't read the thread at all have you?

18. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Is anyone else having issues voting online right now? I keep getting an error message..... :(

19. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Fudge 'em!

20. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

well his team wins with him and isn't that supposedly one criteria for being an all-star. if he had big numbers and the rockets weren't winning games with him you haters would say he wasn't one then as well.