1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[All Star 2nd Returns] Yao leads all; T-Mac needs our votes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matador, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Omer

Omer Member

Ok, for those of you who think the ASG is about player performance in the current season, heres a message from the NBA on their All-Star 2007 website:

It's Your Vote, Your Say
    We all vote for different reasons. Some of us just can't vote for the fan favorite. Others vote strictly for the home team. But what goes through your head when you're casting your ballot? Click here to let us know.

Oooh, snap. That's right, vote for your favorite player, thats what the NBA wants. They know more people will watch the game (which is the ultimate goal obviously) if their favorite player is playing, or even if the superstars like T-Mac and Kobe play instead of let's say Marion or Bosh.

2. langal

langal Contributing Member

Yao's high vote count is probably also because of the dearth of competition at his position.

If Amare was putting up sick numbers like 2 years ago, maybe Yao's vote lead would be far less.

3. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Francis was an all star before Yao came along. He was dumped by the Rockets so he was no longer deemed a "Franchise" player--that and the fact he put up much worse numbers after leaving Houston probably have much to do that he never got voted in again.

4. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

Is yao going to play?

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yao gets my vote.

Tracy will get my vote when/if he deserves it again.

6. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

So did I. Haha.

7. tsunami

tsunami Member

Forget the word "deserve". AllStar is not a "deserve" contest, you aren't picking 1st team or 2nd team. I voted for Shane, TMac and Yao.

8. FFz

FFz Member

How come people are voting dwade and vince carter over Arenas!?!??! Come on people!! His first name is Gilbert!!

9. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but it's pretty important and I am sure most of the people know about it, but here it is anyway:

if u want to vote more than once a day, u can delete the cookies on your PC and then u can go to the website and vote again and again. u could do that as many times as u want.

and to make it easier, here's the direct link

http://www.nba.com/allstar2007/asb/eng/ballot.html?from=sweeps

u can just open it, vote, clear cookies, then open it again, and so on.

dont forget to vote for Battier, Mac, Yao, and write-in Chuck.

I voted 15 times since this morning and I am about to go for 50, make sure Tmac starts in the ASG.

and ChrisBosh, please go back to your sorry Raptors forum. we dont need any Rockets haters on this board.

10. Matador

Matador Member

You are a good man RocketsMac. A good man indeed. Thanks!

11. kublick

kublick Contributing Member

I assume AI would surpass TMAC soon, Cause he already got the double advantage...

12. Big Country

Big Country Member

I went ahead and voted 15 times against Battier, Mac, and Yao to cancel out your multiple votes.

13. xtint1n

xtint1n Member

lol who are u?

14. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

LOL, my pleasure man.. ;)

yeah, really, who the hell are u?

go back to your Lakers forum :rolleyes:

15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

plz, i've been visiting this site since 1999, and i'm a big rockets fan, raptors are second in my books.

point is i'm just a realist, i try to think outside the box rather than be a typical fan. if it displeases you, then so be it.

and since i'm being so honest, i'll admit that i can't stand mcgrady. i believe he;s going to keep Yao from winning championships - with his bad back and huge contract.

16. rocket3forlife2

I'm not voting for him I think needs the rest anyway.If he had been playing like a allstar and happen to get hurt then yes I would have voted him in, but honestly he dosn't deserve it.Maybe he will feel like he has something to prove and become more focused afterwards.

17. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

I just voted again.
    anyway people that are saying t-mac isn't an allstar dont understand basketball.

18. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

well, I didn't mean to offend u or anything, I just dont stand people who bash Tmac and say "he aint an allstar", well, if he is not an allstar, who is? Kobe the ballhog? Allen "Practice" Iverson?

once again, it's not like your play determines if u are an allstar or not, it's your fame and reputation. u think Yao deserved to be an allstar in his 1st season? of course not, but I still voted for him because he is a Rocket.

and this stuff about Tmac keeping Yao from winning championship is just non-sense. we've seen our record with McGrady out of the lineup. and one more thing, read today's Houston Chronicle, it has some bad news for all the Tmac-haters, HE IS FEELING BETTER!! :rolleyes:

19. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Not at all a bad thing. I think Rox fans should use the ASG voting process as a chance to 'showcase' the Rockets as a potential destination for players who want to maximize their exposure. Shawn Marion is probably looking at the votes Battier is getting and saying to himself, "Damn! I need to go play with Yao, I might even get a shoe contract."

Therefore, it's incumbent upon us as Rox fans to vote Battier on the team...

20. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

He's injured you idiot, he's not slacking off. :rolleyes: