1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All Nba Draft Round 1 Matchup #4

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Spooner, May 1, 2012.

?

Which team do you think is BETTER?

1. Spooner

61.7%
  2. Rick Smith

38.3%
  1. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh yeah, that's who I was thinking of.

2. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Make the poll votes public.

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

They are public

4. Spooner

Spooner Member

Right because people don't do that right Torque? How soon people forget you already admitted to cheating once in the same manner. Seems pretty fishy to me....

5. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

one of the closest match-ups i've seen. X-factor to is if pierce can get it going with hill defending him and even then ricksmith's frontcourt would have to play above and beyond on both ends of the floor.

Wbrook = rose (Closest match-up)
    allen > martin ( kmart would just need to at least stay with him and put a hand up on his shot to defend him)
    Pierce > Hill (Though hill will make him work for his shots)
    Nene < Aldridge ( Nene will have to defend him well)
    Favors < Hibbert (Favors would have to play out of his mind to play to hibbert's level. Then again big baby bothered him in game 1 so anything can happen.)

bench goes to ricksmith's backcourt but spooners got kaman added to his already good frontcourt.

Tough tough call, but i'd go with spooner.

6. VBG

VBG Member

I'm not a Kaman fan and I think the difference is Thibs as the coach

7. Spooner

Spooner Member

Understandable. My question is, how do you expect RickSmith to rebound effectively? I simply don't think he has the presence inside to stop my frontcourt. Whatever your opinion on Kaman may be, Jordan Hill is obviously inferior in a matchup between the two. Keep in mind, I took on Gerald Henderson as a defensive stopper at either the 1 or 2. He is very underrated as a defender, most likely because of his team, but check his value defensively while he is on and off the court. He also scored 15ppg on .460 from the field, mostly due to his very good midrange game. He also rebounds very well for a guard at 6'5.(yes he grew an inch this year) I don't feel I need a second true point guard per se, seeing as Kevin Martin and to a greater extent Grant Hill can handle the ball. Harington can also create his own shot. Henderson can do an adequate job handling the ball, but his defensive presence is huge.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Spooner,

How do you expect Kevin Martin, one of the worst defenders in the league, to guard Ray Allen, one of the best off-the-ball players in the league? Not to mention Allen shot 45% from the 3 pt line...

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

I plan of giving Henderson a lot of minutes at the two. His defense is the reason I drafted him. Martin will play minutes as a starter, but also handling the ball and scoring with the second unit.

Henderson can guard Allen and shoots .46 from the field. In most matchups, the opposing guard will not be a shooter like Ray Allen and I can lean on the defense of my frontcourt with Hill, Aldridge and Hibbert to keep quicker guards out of the paint. In this matchup, Henderson would see a lot of minutes.

10. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Spooner BY FAR

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

Vote for me in the redo!

12. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Wow, this thread got serious lol. I'm not upset with anyone, but that's the problem with conversation online; you can't tell if someone is serious or not. My team is inferior to Spooners team, and I didn't finish the draft. I got tired of scrambling around looking for the draft list, so i said screw it, as I was only missing 2 bench players. And please believe me when I say that I have only voted once. I don't know where the other votes are coming from.

Please don't redo this thread or poll. This is like fantasy basketball to me. The fun part is drafting, then I never pay attention to my team again (ask Dave2k, Kam, or francisfan3). I don't care about the competition, just the fun of drafting.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would do the same... Arguing forth and back is tiresome... Just do the draft thang!