1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All Nba Draft Round 1 Matchup #4

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Spooner, May 1, 2012.

?

Which team do you think is BETTER?

1. Spooner

61.7%
  2. Rick Smith

38.3%
  1. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fishy...

2. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

Since it is close maybe you should redo the poll

3. Spooner

Spooner Member

Go to hell.

4. Spooner

Spooner Member

I wouldn't be opposed to this. Keep in mind there are now 6 non user votes for RickSmith. They keep adding up periodically. The actual score should be 22 to 14. At this point I'm ready to just forfeit.

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Nah, don't forfeit. Just make a new thread.

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

RickSmith. Please check page 254 in the draft thread. No one knew you had a coach. RedNation even assigned you Vinny Del Negro at one point. All of the people claiming I did something wrong, where were you when this was happening? Why didn't anyone step up and say they knew he had a coach? Further, Rick, why weren't you there to sort this out, let alone actually finish filling out your own roster. It isn't my job to go comb through the thread in an attempt to find something that should be in your sig to begin with. I was never the moderater of this, just another player. You left RedNation to fill out your roster for you and assign you a random coach. I had nothing to do with this other than provide my help in setting up the polls, which none of you were willing to do.

7. torque

Supporting Member

Defensive much

8. Spooner

Spooner Member

254 doesn't exist. I meant page 245.

What would you like me to do? Maybe next time you can set up the polls? I'm not sure why I need to be defensive as my team is clearly ahead, I just don't appreciate being called a cheater. It is as if since I made this poll, I should have known RickSmith selected Thibodeau. No one knew this, and no one stopped RedNation from assigning a random coach to RickSmith. Furthermore, his selection of Thibodeau is nowhere to be found in the thread. What I did find were long periods of waiting for RickSmith to make a pick, which he never seemed to do. He claims he couldn't find the spreadsheet, yet expects me(someone who is not a moderator) to search through the forum to find his selections. I was given a team and I posted it. I did this solely with the intentions of helping RedNation, as no one else stepped up to help him. With RedNation's blessing, I would be fine with re doing this poll.

Can you please explain what compelled you to write "fishy..." I'm very curious as to why you would purposefully try to make this situation worse.

9. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

you didn't have a coach written down with the team in your sig. You hadn't been on the thread in days. It was time to start the matchups. I gave you a coach from the remaining pool.

10. torque

Supporting Member

Well, I know that if I was RickSmith and had Ray Allen, a very prominent piece of my team, left off my roster, and my coach being named Ty Corbin instead of Thibs, I'd be very upset. The result is definitely fishy, the situation is fishy, everything about it is fishy.

11. RedNation

Let this die, then we'll redo the poll

12. Spooner

Spooner Member

Would you mind setting up the poll this time? Not that I am unwilling, I just don't want any type of skepticism as a result of me starting the thread.

13. RedNation

Sure.

14. RedNation

I don't see why this whole thing is such a big deal. It's double elimination. Of course, ricksmith wouldn't know because he never showed up to the thread or finished the team

15. Spooner

Spooner Member

The score is actually 14 to 27, so yes the result is fishy, as someone continuously adds non user votes in a very systematic fashion. I copied and pasted RickSmith's team without looking at the players. That is the way it looked. If you want to go back through the thread and find it, be my guest. You had no idea he drafted Thibs and neither did I or anyone else for that matter. As far as I am concerned, I am still not clear he actually drafted him. I don't really see how it would make a difference seeing as his leading rebounder is arguably Derrick Favors.

16. RedNation

Let the thread die. :grin:

I'll create a new one in a bit

17. Kate81

Kate81 Member

At first I was leaning Spooner, after looking at it more.

Went with Rick Smith.

Westbrook is slightly > Derrick Rose
    Allen > K-Mart
    Paul Pierce > Grant Hill

Nene slightly < Aldridge
    Favors < Hibbert

Conley gives a legit backup point guard, J-Rich is a good wing, and Hill is a servicable big.

Henderson is ok, Harrington can be good, Kaman is better than Hill.

I lean toward the Conley bench cause it gives a legit backup point guard. Spooner doesnt have one.

And I rather have Tibs than Collins, I like both though.

18. torque

Supporting Member

Remember, he surprised everyone by drafting Thibs in the 7th or 8th round...first coach to be selected. And if you're insinuating someone is out to get you and manipulating the poll...come on now

19. RedNation

Actually pop was the first selected. In the 5th or 6th

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

If you knew that, then why didn't you say anything? Why is it that you let RedNation fill in a coach for him?

I'm not insinuating anything, just stating a fact. All of my votes are user votes. There is an increasing number of non user votes against me, which ultimately accounts for almost half of RickSmith's votes.