1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All NBA Draft Matchup 2

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RedNation, Sep 3, 2011.

?

Which team do you think is better

Poll closed Sep 6, 2011.
  1. BleedRocketsRed

54.2%
  2. Ubigman

45.8%
  1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

The field has been trimmed from 24 to 16. In this round, the team that receives the most votes will move on in the competition. Review the rosters, then vote for the team which you believe is BETTER

BleedRocketRed
    PG - John Wall / Aaron Brooks
    SG - Wesley Matthews
    SF - LeBron James / Mike Dunleavy Jr.
    PF - Derrick Williams
    C - Marcus Camby / Nenad Krstic

Vs.

Ubigman
    PG - Russell Westbrook / Jose Calderon
    SG - Rip Hamilton
    SF - Gerald Wallace / Antawn Jamison
    PF - Chris Bosh
    C - Chris Andersen / Spencer Hawes

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Playing against a really solid team.

Both of our teams are insanely athletic and solid defensively.

I'll make a long post about why I feel like I should win later. Tired right now. But in all honesty, this should be close. Ubigman has a pretty tough team.

3. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Derrick williams is a rookie going against bosh if hes expected to guard an all star the whole game then rocketsred is screwed. Also Lebron James is his best player going against wallace who is solid defensively. Gerald should slow Bron Bron enough to get the W

4. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Ubigman ftw.

Bosh, westbrook and Rip will negate and offset any advantage that Lebron have over Gerald Wallace.

5. BleedRocketsRed

I lol'd @ Gerald slowing down LeBron.

6. BleedRocketsRed

I also lol'd at thinking Rip v Matthews is an advantage for him. You guys are funny.

Yes Derrick is a rookie but the guy can play. He is insanely athletic, can score in a variety of ways. Obviously Bosh is more proven but it isn't like Williams is a slouch/scrub. He was the second overall pick in the draft and many experts felt that he was the best player in this draft.

Besides Bosh is a softie. Not that concerned with DWill going up against him. In terms of pure talent/abilities, DWill should have been gone in one of the first two-three rounds.

7. VBG

VBG Member

Bosh will dominate Derrick Williams. Derrick Williams will be absolutely hopeless defensively against Bosh.

Pretty even. I think Russell Westbrook over Wall and Bosh over Derrick Williams more than offsets Lebron over G. Wallace.

Voted ubigman

8. RedNation

Can you think of any second pick busts. I can. Point is, he hasn't played a single minute in the NBA.

9. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

Wallace is probably the third best defensive sf in the nba(lebron and iggy are 1 and 2) as well as the fact that he is a 3/4 hybrid like lebron. If there is anyone that can guard james its going to be wallace. Also add in the fact that Lebron and Williams will have to be guarding antawn jamison when he comes off the bench.

10. BleedRocketsRed

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jamesle01&p2=wallage01

I'm not worried.

Jamison off the bench is scary but I do feel like LeBron can hold his own against him. Keep in mind, Jamison would have a VERY tough time going up against LeBron too (and Twan is a pretty weak defensive player).

#10 BleedRocketsRed, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  11. BleedRocketsRed

It isn't like Derrick Williams is taking him one one-on-one. My interior defense consists of Williams (who is extremely athletic) along with multiple DPOY winner Marcus Camby.

12. BleedRocketsRed

Alot of NBA teams play rookies. I feel like the rest of my starting lineup is strong enough to the point where I can get away with it. He was the best available starting PF late in the fifth round and I really didn't have much of a choice (I am more comfortable starting him than softie Michael Beasley at the four)

Derrick's role is provide an interior offensive presence and utilize his athleticism on the defensive end (help/weakside defense). I feel like can play that role perfectly.

#12 BleedRocketsRed, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  13. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Camby was a one time DPOY. And he's an old man nowadays. I didn't know Derrick Williams is 'insanely athletic' - what makes you say that?

I didn't think ubigman should have made it to this round but I'm very compelled to vote his way.

However, I think lebron can handle westbrook the same way he did with rose.

I suspect red nation will get eliminated next round though.

14. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

I meant RBR

15. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Fail!
    BRR

16. BleedRocketsRed

Who cares if Camby is old? The guy can still play starter minutes like a beast.

And my bad on multiple. Fact is, he is a great interior defensive presence. You are nitpicking too much.

And Derrick Williams isn't athletic? I am guessing you have never seen him play.

17. RedNation

Way to call me out like that:grin:

18. BleedRocketsRed

Yeah that was seriously random.

19. VBG

VBG Member

Not really. Defensive player of the year Camby's Nuggets got better defensively AFTER he left...

He's solid but hes 37. He's not gonna be erasing mistakes.

He also only played 24 minutes per game last year.

20. BleedRocketsRed

Where did you get 24 from? Now you are just making **** up smh.