1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All NBA Draft Matchup 1 dharocks vs. BleedRocketsRed

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RedNation, Sep 9, 2011.

?

Which team do you think is BETTER?

Poll closed Sep 12, 2011.
  1. dharocks

65.9%
  2. BleedRocketsRed

34.1%
  1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

The field has been trimmed from 16 to 8. In this round, the team that receives the most votes will move on in the competition. Review the rosters, then vote for the team which you believe is BETTER

dharocks
    PG - Steve Nash
    SG - Kirk Hinrich / Ben Gordon
    SF - Caron Butler / J.R. Smith
    PF - Taj Gibson / Ryan Anderson
    C - Dwight Howard

Vs.

BleedRocketRed
    PG - John Wall / Aaron Brooks
    SG - Wesley Matthews
    SF - LeBron James / Mike Dunleavy Jr.
    PF - Derrick Williams
    C - Marcus Camby / Nenad Krstic

2. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Only reason why Bleedrocketred is losing is because of lebron james haters. I voted for bleedrockets team!

3. Spooner

Spooner Member

Not true

DH rocks has a much better team. IMO. Much better bench. All of his starters are better with the exception of Lebron>Butler, (Butler is pretty good on his own... Would play pretty good D on Lebron.) and MAYBE Mathews> Hinrich.

How can you honestly say that? :confused:

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I'd like to point out that in most instances, Hinrich will be guarding Wall, and Nash will be on Matthews, who IMO would mostly serve as a spot shooter in BRR's offense. Even with the mismatch, you're probably not going to be setting up ISOs for Wes Matthews when LeBron and Wall are on the floor.

Also, I could forsee Camby losing some effectiveness as a help defender when he's forced to body up Howard all game long.

LeBron will obviously get his. I think my team D would be good enough to prevent him from going nuts though.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I don't stand a chance.

6. BleedRocketsRed

I voted for myself but I do not truly believe it.

This is a better constructed team.

7. BleedRocketsRed

Williams>Gibson (EASILY) but nobody knows (YET) and Matthews>Hinrich isn't a maybe.

Just don't see myself stopping Nash tbh.

8. RedNation

Gibson is better than Williams. Based on last season in the nba.

9. BleedRocketsRed

Obviously dumbfuc.

Meh. Gibson is an above-average backup at best while Williams was the second overall pick.

I honestly feel his only real advantages are C and PG but those advantages are pretty huge.

10. RedNation

Hasheem Thabeet second overall pick 2009. Have to see them in the NBA first.

11. BleedRocketsRed

So because of this, we just assume he is a bust? Just like how 2nd overall picks Kevin Durant and LaMarcus Aldridge were busts right?

You are acting as if Gibson is this superstar. If Williams is not as head and shoulders above Gibson, then he would be a disappointment.

Also why not realize how well Williams' game can potentially mesh in my system? He is athletic, a well rounded offensive game, solid rebounder. His skillset fits what is asked of him imo (interior scoring, rebounding, some help defense). It isn't like I have horrible players around him.

Yeah I probably should have taken a starting PF earlier in the draft but by the time the fifth round rolled around, all the legitimate ones were gone. I'd rather take him than start some bench guy like Taj Gibson. Just saying.

12. RedNation

So because durant and aldridge were good, we assume he will be good? You are acting as if Williams is a star (SECOND OVERALL PICK:eek:). Taj Gibson would probably save you from a lot of controversy you are getting into. We agreed that the players would be evaluated based on last seasons performance.

13. BleedRocketsRed

So why even allow picking rookies if we are just going to assume all of them as garbo? Why not look at his skillset (maybe read a scouting report) and see how his skillset fits into my system?

You are acting as if rookies are always scrubs. Every year there are multiple rookies capable of being NBA starters. These entire squads are fictional.

Taj (and every PF picked after my DWill) is garbo. I mean for crying out loud there are probably no NBA teams Taj would be starting on.

Had I picked Taj, everybody would be trashing him. At least with DWill, there is hope of him being decent.

14. BleedRocketsRed

I think you are a moron to be honest. I am done arguing.

I already conceded. Forget it.

15. RedNation

:grin:

16. RedNation

Do you see anyone trashing taj. There were two rookies picked in the draft. Multiple people said don't pick rookies because we are going by last seasons performance. I'm not saying he is a scrub. I'm saying we won't know if he is a bust or not until we see him play against NBA players. Taj would be starting on plenty of NBA teams.

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

Evan turner was the #2 pick last year....

18. Spooner

Spooner Member

Could really go either way... The last power forward taken #2 was LaMarcus Aldridge.
    And the before that
    [​IMG]