1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ALL-NBA DRAFT] Elimination Round: Pool H (thething, Jmcballer88, RowdyRicky)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by dharocks, Aug 29, 2011.

?

Who has the WEAKEST team?

Poll closed Sep 1, 2011.
  1. thething

24 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. Jmcballer88

7 vote(s)
    8.1%
  3. RowdyRicky

55 vote(s)
    64.0%
  1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Teams have been assembled and it's time to trim the field from 24 to 16. In this round, the team that receives the MOST votes will be eliminated from the competition. Review the rosters, then vote for the team which you believe is the WEAKEST.

thething
    PG - Chris Paul / Devin Harris
    SG - Jason Terry
    SF - Tayshaun Prince / Jeff Green
    PF - Paul Milsap
    C - Chris Kaman / Andris Biedrins

Jmcballer88
    PG - Kyle Lowry / Marcus Thornton
    SG - Manu Ginobili
    SF - Trevor Ariza / Kyle Korver
    PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
    C - DeAndre Jordan / DeMarcus Cousins

RowdyRicky
    PG - Darren Collison / Goran Dragic
    SG - Ray Allen
    SF - Wilson Chandler / Grant Hill
    PF - Greg Monroe
    C - Marc Gasol / Brendan Haywood

RowdyRicky ended up with an extra pick via trade, which he used to select Rudy Tomjanovich as his team's… mascot, I guess.

As a reminder, you're voting on which team you believe should be eliminated, not which team is the best. Voting will end Thursday at 30 minutes past midnight.

N.B.: 2010-11 performance is being used as a baseline for projecting player performance.

#1 dharocks, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  2. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I drafted my team thinking defense first. With that being said when you get a defensive stop a fast break usually occurs. So my next big thing was getting players who were athelitc enough to run a fast break offense. Then in the slower paced games my offense would be focused on the pick and roll of aldridge ginobli/Lowry. Thorton is the sixth man and the main bench scorer.

3. thething

thething Contributing Member

Come on guys, it bugs me that you always spell Millsap wrong. Next time add an extra L in there.

This division is stacked, though. It stinks that one of these teams will be eliminated.

The worst team in this division is RowdyRicky. He has no go-to player. His best offensive player is either Wilson Chandler or Ray Allen. He does have a lot of solid role players and a good defense but the lack of a true offensive weapon that can create shots for himself will make the offense stall and let the team lose.

4. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

I feel bad, 20 of JMC's votes should probably have gone to Rowdy. I guess people were just reading it wrong.

On a sidenote, be careful, Rowdy's extreme lack of knowledge causes her to be prone to obscene vulgarities and your typical 13 year old girl tantrums.

5. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who's the one throwing tantrums again? Why is calling RowdyRicky a girl an insult anyway?

6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

LOL you said you had the best offense and defense out of all the teams, I told you your offense was horrible (which it is), and now you go into this thread bashing me? Who's the one throwing the temper tantrum again?

7. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

already posted the numbers sweetheart, try and keep up with the intelligent crowd ;)

8. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

who said it was an insult? You? Well then you need to calm down and keep your temper under control. I'm sorry if JMC is wiping the floor while the others are crying about it.

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Still calling out other people for crying when you yourself is acting like a brat?

10. Jmcballer88

Im going to be a first round KO hahaha all that time reviewing stats for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

50 votes? Wth is going on

12. Jmcballer88

For all the Aldridge Non Believers He carried a playoff team without brandon roy
    <iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SvzYFMJM3Lg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ginobli has multiple Championship experience even over seas.
    <iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/02MqM9Tobm4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No offense to ricky but he has a great team he just lacks that one go to player that I definelty have. Thething also has an amazing team but his lack of height at the guard spots may hurt him and who will take his last shot CP3???

13. Jmcballer88

Yea i have no idea

14. RedNation

Terry and paul are both capable of clutch shots. You and thething are equally matched. You shouldn't have 50 against u

15. Jmcballer88

haha im just frustrated right now

16. RedNation

I can understand what it feels like to do all that research to create the perfect team. You have one of the best all around teams. You should have 20 votes maybe max.

17. thething

thething Contributing Member

Are you arguing that I have too many options at the end of games? Haven't Jason Terry, CP3, and Paul Millsap all hit game winners just on the rockets?

Not a great argument against my team there, JMC.

18. RedNation

He's frustrated hehe. And everyone hits gamewinners agains houston :(

19. Jmcballer88

Well geez your right sigh voters suck

20. Jmcballer88

Honestly the only real weakness I see is harris and kaman's injury prone but Harris isnt your starter so it wouldnt even matter