1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ALL-NBA DRAFT] Elimination Round: Pool C (BleedRocketRed, hoopstar, da_juice)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by dharocks, Aug 29, 2011.

?

Who has the WEAKEST team?

Poll closed Sep 1, 2011.
  1. BleedRocketRed

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. hoopstar

24 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. da_juice

41 vote(s)
    56.9%
  1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Teams have been assembled and it's time to trim the field from 24 to 16. In this round, the team that receives the MOST votes will be eliminated from the competition. Review the rosters, then vote for the team which you believe is the WEAKEST.

BleedRocketRed
    PG - John Wall / Aaron Brooks
    SG - Wesley Matthews
    SF - LeBron James / Mike Dunleavy Jr.
    PF - Derrick Williams
    C - Marcus Camby / Nenad Krstic

hoopstar
    PG - Ty Lawson / George Hill
    SG - Metta World Peace
    SF - Luol Deng / Al Harrington
    PF - Amar'e Stoudemire / Tyler Hansbrough
    C - Marcin Gortat

da_juice
    PG - D.J. Augustin / Jarrett Jack
    SG - Kevin Martin / Thabo Sefolosha
    SF - Andre Iguodala
    PF - Elton Brand
    C - Kendrick Perkins / Darko Milicic

As a reminder, you're voting on which team you believe should be eliminated, not which team is the best. Voting will end Thursday at 30 minutes past midnight.

N.B.: 2010-11 performance is being used as a baseline for projecting player performance.

#1 dharocks, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I'm sorry. But Da Juice got my vote.
    I just can't see anyone putting points for this team. Yes, you have Kmart and Iguadala. But I really doubt the ability of the 2 PG to put it into their hands.

And if you take either 1 out, points will be hard to come by.

3. arjun

arjun Member

Hoopstar vs da juice....looks like it's gonna take a buzzer beater! Good luck

4. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

I went with da juice because bigs are either old, slow, injured or washedup. I wasnt enamored with the creators on this team tho iggy and dj are decent.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

Trying to sway the votes here, last year Brand put up 15 points and 8.3 rebounds a game while playing in 81 games. While certainly not in his prime, Brand (only 32) still put up impressive numbers.

Also, I'd expect Iguodala's numbers(14.1 ppg) to go up since he's no longer the primary offense weapon. Also, he had the second most triple doubles (behind Lebron) out of any player in the league, he also made All-NBA Defensive Second Team.

I don't think I have to explain Martin to anyone here, while his defense is awful he is an efficient scorer.

Augustin, in my opinion, is underrated throughout the league. He put up a career high in assists and points last year (14.2 ppg and 6.1 assists a game), Augustin would likely play as a fourth option, so it wouldn't surprise me if he'd get more than a few open looks if this actually played out.

Jarrett Jack averaged a decent 8.5 ppg in around 20 mpg coming off the bench in New Orleans.

Say what you will about Darko, I am aware he's not a hard-nosed player by any means, but last year he posted 8.8 ppg and 5.5 rpg against starting centers, he'd have limited minutes and would play against lesser 2nd string talent.

Perkins is overrated, I'll admit that. But he's certainly capable of grabbing the boards and doing the dirty work. Last year, he pulled down a little less than 8 rebounds per game, despite only playing 25 MPG.

Sefolosha is a 100% defensive player. IMO, he's a valuable asset as a sixth man, at 6'7" and 215 lbs, Sefolosha can easily defend both the two and three spots. I think rotating him and Iguoldala on the other team's primary scorer is an effective way of shutting them down.

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Remember the baseline is last years production. So williams will have zeroes accross the board

7. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Hes starting a Rookie Power Forward and only has 8 votes wtf hahaha thats crazy

8. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

BRR's team would have been my favorite if it wasn't for Derrick Williams. Saw him play in the Philippine allstar thing and even against much lesser talent he wasn't all that impressive.

Still voted for da_juice though cause his offense may be a little limited and his front court isn't too good defending against drives.

9. hoopstar

hoopstar Member

wow, this is close...good thing i have the better fourth qtr team ;)

10. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Somebody clearly cheated. I went from 7% to 36% within a day.

I blame that Wekko db. Shady **** going on in his bracket as well.

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Luckily for me, this poll was over yesterday and matchups were announced then.