1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All NBA Bust Team.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by CCorn, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Flynn, T-Will, Hill and Thabeet. How did we end with all these guys? Answer - Morey.

2. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

I was waiting for it. Seems like most here don't remember the 90's much. We had a great number of busts back then. Your looking at a list of:

Harold Miner
    Yinka Dare
    Sharone Wright
    Lamond Murray
    Eric Montross
    *94 was a great year*
    Michael Olowokandi

Another great bust year was 86 I believe. It was the cocaine draft where Bias od'ed just after and just about everyone in the top 10 did not live up to expectations.

3. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

PG - Mateen Cleaves, Erick Barkley, Sebastian Telfair, Jonny Flynn
    SG - J.R. Rider, Harold Minor, Rodney McCray(Cuz Houston coulda had 12 years of Phi Slamma Jamma with Clyde and Hakeem if we just woulda traded back and taken Clyde instead of this waste, sorry Rodney)
    SF - Adam Morrison, Joe Alexander
    PF - Darko Milicic, Darius Miles
    C - Michael Olowokandi, Joe Smith, Sam Bowie

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Michael Olokowandi (The original Nigerian scammer. Everytime I open up a scam email, I picture the Kandi Man)

Kwame Brown (Has given me some of the best LOL moments on and off the TV. The man attempted to throw a 2X2 foot cake at teammate Ronny Turiaf from point blank range. He missed and hit a pedestrian instead. True Story! You cant make this **** up!)

Robert Taylor (A tractor without an engine. His food bill counted against the team salary cap)

Adam Morrison (Every-time I see him on TV, I feel like grabbing my shotgun. The kind of guy you hide your daughters, wife, mother, grandmothers from)

Stormile Swift (The Black Beavis. He stalks a woman. Then forgets about it. Then does it again the following year. And gets caught each time)

Darko Milicic (ABSOLUTE Trash of a a player. Even worse human being. I dont know why he exists)

Hasheem Thabeet (Anti-matter to Hakeem in a parallel universe)

The people above are just plain bad. They are akin to highway robbers.

The players below were busts because of injuries, not necessarily because they were bad players. Some could have been good but injuries closed the chapter on them...

Pervis Ellison
    Greg Oden
    Sam Bowie (He would have to be excellent to not be declared a bust though)

#44 Zboy, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  5. Duffy Pratt

Duffy Pratt Member

Two additions:

LaRue Martin: Center. #1 overall pick in the draft. His career numbers are 5.3 points and 4.6 boards. But remember, he played in an era with a quicker pace, so those stats are a bit inflated. This is way worse than the stiffs that some others have posted. And the simple fact that he was a number one overall pick and you have never heard of him should tell you something.

Len Bias: Forward. Yeah, who knows how good he might have been. But the pick itself basically busted the franchise for almost a decade, and it definitely is the lowest ever in terms of value for the pick.

For guards I'd have to go with Shaun Livingston.

6. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

Tyrus thomas anyone?

7. Grape_Swisha281

im glad somebody agrees with me... he was hyped as the next Kobe and hes far from it

8. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

That makes you wonder...if the Pistons had the #1 draft pick \ that year, would they still have drafted Darko? Hmmmm

9. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

PG: Antonio Daniels (4th pick in 97)
    SG: Darius Miles (3rd pick in 00)
    SF: Adam Morrison (3rd pick 06)
    PF: Kwame Brown (1st pick 01)
    C: Michael Olowokandi (1st pick 98)

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. CavaliersFTW

CavaliersFTW Member

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

I had forgot about Mateen Cleaves until this thread came up. Didn't even realize he was a lottery pick.

Wow he was the definition of no production at all at the NBA level.

13. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I know joe smith was a number 1 overall pick and there are high expectations with that. However, labeling him a bust after a 16 year career in which he averaged 11 points and 6 boards is pushing it imo. He also averaged 19 and 9 one season.

14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Eh,is Oden really a "bust"?
    When I think of bust, it's someone who was hyped up but couldn't do **** in the NBA. Oden was a solid young player (even if he looked 40), it's not that he wasn't good, it's that he had horrible injury problem.. I guess in that sense he is a "bust", but not because he wasn't good enough. He was one of the promising young centers.

Man, Portland has such a young good core.. injuries were insane

15. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Oden could have very well been better than Dwight if he didn't have glass knees....

16. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

Joe Alexander (SF). Drafted #8 in 2008. Only lasted 2 years in the NBA.