1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All in 1 computer, should I switch to a Mac?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rox_fan_here, May 30, 2012.

1. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

I wouldn't say identical. Intel makes the CPUs, and Apple uses some of the same hard drives, optical drives, and other bits of silicon that the rest of the industry uses. But Apple engineers design the rest of the parts and the software. Cheap computers are built with cheap components, period. Apple doesn't sell cheap computers, and how much they can get away with using cheap components and retain their reputation for quality is just a matter of management and engineering.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Our comments look identical, but in reality, you are talking out of your ass.

3. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

My bro who regretted it.

And Windows controls 85-88% of the desktop market. So ya your going to get a low feedback from Mac users.

4. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

This doesn't mean crap if you know how to put a computer together. I can put together a cheap and a solid Hackintosh that will rival a Mac Pro. Maybe Apple should license their OSX. There are some solid built and nice looking desktop PC and Laptops out there but you will have to pay a higher price for it. The most complain about owning a PC is the OS because lots of people don't know how to upgrade drivers and troubleshoot some stuff. That's why Windows 7 been a little more successful because it's able to install/upgrade all the basic drivers for you and it just work. Windows 8 will make it easier for the non PC type of people. I just might do a dual boot on my new Mini ITX computer since I like some of the stuff in OSX.

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I know how to troubleshoot my own issues - I just don't want to spend time doing so.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I dont know how to troubleshoot and I dont care to do so and I also visit questionable websites...

7. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I've used both Macs and PCs. I know how to troubleshoot both (for the most part), I like to 'tinker under the hood' (though not as often as I'd like), I like video games (which I wish I had more time for, but I'm perfectly happy with my PS3), and I never do anything with pictures and/or video/music editing.

And I still prefer my Mac. It's just that unquantifiable "user experience," I guess.

8. cod

cod Member

Smartphones have already eaten away at the low end pc market. The Raspberry Pi and Cotton Candy will radically change what we expect from and will pay for low end desktops.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

hmm i enjoy playing some demanding games on my pc that cost 1400 to build. An equivalent Mac pro with a geforce gtx 580, ssd, core i7 2600k 8 gigs of ram would cost me 2500+. Tell me who in their right mind would want a Mac other than a few programs that only run on OSX? Overpriced is an understatement when it comes to Apple computers... For what a shiny aluminum casing?

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

just went on the apple iMac config page. Mac pro uses the xenon line up so I am using the iMac line to explain my point since it is more similar to my pc. My pc which I built myself cost me 1650 with a Samsung 22" 1080p led monitor. I have a core i7 2600k, 8 gigs of ram, 64gb ssd, 1tb HD, geforce gtx 580. An imac with a core i7, 8 gigs of ram(1333mhz, slower than mine) 1 tb HD, radeon hd 6970m(thats right mobile version) is priced at 2499.00.
    That is almost a NINE HUNDRED dollar difference between my desktop and that imac and mine still is plenty more powerful.

11. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

PCs are the way to go for gaming and custom builds. I wasn't under the impression that's what the OP was looking for. Your system is also not an AIO.

12. JD88

JD88 Member

I have a Droid thunderbolt. :) And love everything about it. And yes it is Verizon.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.