1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All BBS Members Please Read

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Sep 14, 2001.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Being inspired by a thread by ROXRAN, I felt like I needed to say some things to get off my chest:

The last couple of days have been some of the most trying of my entire life. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like if I lost someone close to me in this tragedy. You see I have been lucky--I never have had anybody close to me dying in my 28 years on this planet. My grandfather, my dad's father, died when I was 4, so I was too young to realize it. His widow, my granny, is now in a nursing home with dementia and it has taken my family a long time to come to terms with the fact that she will never be able to live by herself again, know who we are, really know who she is, etc. When we finally made that realization it devastated every one of us, especially my father who's an only child.

What happened on Tuesday is something that we'll haunt us for the rest of our lives. It still seems so unreal that this could happen. Yes, we all know that our nation is not well-liked by other nations and individuals, but we never dreamed something like this would come out of this hatred.

Last night was my breaking point. I have sat back and mainly read the posts the last couple of days electing not to comment because I'm not the type to get into heated debates. However, for whatever reason I became overwhelmed with emotion. I am aware that they are people in this country and on this BBS who do not feel the same way on things that I do. That's what makes our country so great and unique. You can better believe that people in other parts of the world wish that they had this privilege.

This website is the best website that I have ever seen. We should all thank Clutch and the people that help him for giving us an outlet where we can share our views. In the last couple of days, we have come together as a family. Yes, we have had our disagreements like all families, but the love that has been shown has been remarkable. I know that I may be #1 on many people's list as their most unfavorite poster or on their ignore list, but I would be upset if something happened to them. Although we have different views, beliefs, and ideals, it is our love of the Houston Rockets that has brought us together.

If I have ever offended anyone on this BBS, then I apologize. Just realize that people get emotional and to charge things to their head and not to their heart.

I will try to do a better job of being more tolerant of posters who have different or radical viewpoints than mine. At the same time, I will continue to post responses that may contradict things that I have said above if I feel that I have been backed into a corner by someone unreasonably.

I didn't mean to go on and on, but I just wanted to let everybody know that in times like these--our nation needs to stick together and there is nothing that I wouldn't do (as long as it's a reasonable request) for you guys.

Thanks,

Jon aka Manny Ramirez

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, what he said !

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Great post Manny! Anytime someone reaches deep down inside to express yourself it makes the words sound so much better.

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

good post manny.

Although I don't always agree with your takes I enjoy reading them. You sure do wear your heart on your sleeve, at least in a lot of your posts! :) (I hope that's the right expression!)

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Amen, Manny.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Best post I've read all day.

7. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Manny,
    Your post of your personal endeavors and feelings on this is dreadfully similar to mine (even down to your age).

Thanks!

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Thanks for the kind words, guys. It's like Crisco said, I do wear my heart on my sleeve sometimes. Participating in this forum has helped me become more tolerant and understanding of other people's opinions. I'll admit that I'll still relapse from time to time, but in the grand scheme of things, is it really worth it to have people hate you? It's not to me.

9. ScreamingRocketJet

10. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Excellent post Manny!

11. Bigman

Bigman Member

Beautifully said!!!

12. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I too love the unity. :)

13. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Another Great CC.net post!

I am overwhelmed with pride from the way our country has come together.

14. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Great post Manny.

You and I (and many others) have been involved in some heated debates with other posters In the last few days. Like you, I wear my heart on my sleeve as well. I still respect those with views I disagree with.

This did not come out quite as eloquently as I had hoped. Oh well. Great post, Manny. I respect your courage and your heart.

15. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

That was good Manny.