1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alexey Shved to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Dec 19, 2014.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

If this is true... Not gonna get my hopes up

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>To sum it up: Rockets get Brewer, Shved; Philly gets Turiaf, Houston 2nd rounder, Lishouk rights; Minn gets Sac 2nd rounder, future 2nd, $.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/546088134895624192">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

YES!

Shved is the tall back up ball handler that we need for the remainder of this regular season.

Plus in our fast paced offense, he's going to put up numbers and make himself an even more attractive trade piece by the playoffs, if the Rockets are so inclined.

I'm so glad it wasn't just Corey Brewer!

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

then who gets daniels ;)

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Lol I follow that guy on twitter. He's always joking.

6. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

well...he is fairly young and he's never been on a good team, so maybe he can figure it out. He has size at the PG position, so he's a different look for us. He also has a bigger contract that can be traded again by the deadline. It's possible Morey wanted to use the rest of the TPE today to keep open the possibility of trading as much as salary as possible by the deadline as opposed to acquiring another backup later that we'd have to keep.

So to sum up: Morey trades for player with potential upside at low risk who allows the team flexibility going forward. Sounds about right.

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Well, that move requires PHX's cooperation. I think even if PHX does not bite, HOU will immediately benefit from the additional depth Brewer and Shved provides.

Welcome to HOU, Alexey!

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Hey Shved, in Houston we bring Europe to you! Kostas Donatas Shved Capela

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

How many second rounders we gave up in this 3 way trade?

2 or 3?

10. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

This is just amazing. The fact that Morey got Schved and Brewer OMG! What a genius! Schved is going to kill it here and Morey isn't even done yet. I cannot wait until the deadline to see what else he has got in the bag.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Morey >>> Cuban so many times over

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

So am I the only one who had to look up Sergei Lishouk? I forgot we had this dude. Hell, he's been a Rocket twice apparently. Oh well... thanks for your services, Sergei.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Shved is a better PG than Canaan. He may not be as good a shooter but he a better passer and play-maker. Hes like a 0-calorie Dragic.

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

This right here. Every time he played us he was balling.

15. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

From a 3 star trade in the afternoon, this is now 5 stars for me and another tip of the hat to Morey.

Yeah, we lost 3 second rounders, but it's fine. We have enough rookie contracts to last the next year or two in balancing the salary distribution

16. Rocket_Man_2.0

We're getting Dragic..What!?!:eek::confused::grin:

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Judging by the volume of his predictions I think he got lucky. He proposed about 15 trades within the last 24 hours. We knew that Turiaf was going to be traded somewhere. The 76ers made the most sense in terms of absorbing his contract. Shved made a lot of sense salary-wise. If it was a prediction it was a good prediction.

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

I don't get it. We give up an extra 2nd rounder just so we get one scrub in Shved over another one in Turiaf?

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Garcia traded to PHI?

Hinkie to PHI has helped us in so many ways. We should send Rosas to become GM of another team ;)

20. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Turiaf is out for the season, Schved isn't, so if one's a scrub, the other is...well what's less than a scrub?