1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Jones unplugged

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by biff17, Apr 1, 2019.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I was making a point about his position on constantly whining about the Hunter Biden story not being the bombshell that he wants it to be. When even Ted Cruz doesn't think it's a story, what does that say about Greenwald's and Rogan's position here on this topic??

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

“Not a story”????

It Hunter is corrupt so whatever you mean by a story I don’t know. But it is corrupt. Just like Trump and what his kids and business have attempted to do it is corrupt. Just as the senators that sold stocks whole playing down COVID all absolutely corrupt.

So again whatever you mean by story. Whatever there are two candidates one sucks. And one has two be one of the 2-3 worst presidents ever. But again Hunter and all that story entails is generally corrupt. Sorry that Rogan and his guest talked about it and offended you.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. dobro1229

FoxNews refused to run the story... that's how verified it was. It's a story about corruption.... yes. Verified corruption..... when you have the sole source of the evidence being Rudy Guliani who says it's 50/50 that the person he was working with was Russian Intelligence.... that sort of puts the entire story in a state of disbelief.

Look the NYT has said had journalists on this story, and some there have even said there is a story there they just don't know yet how damning it is to Hunter, and there is not yet any evidence that Joe Biden is involved in Hunter's business dealings. There are outlets that would love to cover this story, but the fact of the matter is it has been fumbled by Trump's camp by working with Russian intelligence to get it instead of letting the DOJ, and the media do their thing.

So I have no tolerance for the Joe Rogans or Glenn Greenwalds of the MAGA media space in 2020 ignoring all of that and instead trying to deflect on Trumps behalf to revive the story in a different light to give it the credibility it doesn't deserve. If it deserves the relevance it does, then it needs to be credited by going through the normal process. Rogan is trying to carry water for this campaign and I'm sorry if that offends YOU, but it's true.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Rogen knows that those crowds are the most susceptible to people that tell them what the want to here and will come back for more as long as you keep feeding them what they like.

Those crowds also like to hear that they are the ones that really knows what's going on and everybody else don't get it.

What does Biden have to do with anything?

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It could mean that they care more about transparency in government and the importance of adversarial journalism in a democracy than Ted Cruz. Maybe Cruz has similar questionable business interests overseas and would rather that this not be a major topic more generally on the grounds that it could come back and bite him when he runs again.

It is bizarre that you would infer from this that Greenwald is to the right of Cruz. Left and right should not be defined according to partisan alignments.

RayRay10 and peleincubus like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I strangely agree with all of this but Greenwald is a attention w**** who holds grudges.

I also think he is a bit of a contrarian and that's not good for a straight journalist, at the end of the day we need people like him but he is not the savior some make him out to be.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Apparently anyone that has a conversations that are negative about a Democrat is carrying water for Trump. But is actually just as screwed up in the head as someone that is incapable of seeing anything Trump does is wrong. Same BS

RayRay10 and TWS1986 like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It could also mean that they are catering to a crowd that eats stuff like this up and will continue to come back for more.

It's amazing the people some put on a pedestal as a white knight.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's only apparent to you.

Name one person that has acted like that?

You are just angry because somebody called out Rogan and him playing both sides.

Nobody here is stanning for the Democrats that hard.

10. durvasa

That is possible, but also kind of irrelevant. Whatever his inner motivations may be, the observation that journalists should fight against an impulse to suppress news stories that are politically inconvenient is correct.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I dont see it that way. I am not suggesting we should put every nut job on the air to give them a voice, however I am not going to criticize Rogan on his choice of guests. i appreciate his format and his wide selection of guests. Personally I think Rogan has turned into his podcast into a guest mill and has really watered down his content.

I do think Rogan does a good job of exposing people w/out going into suppression mode. He gives them plenty of rope to hang themselves with and walks them right off the plank. Im personally not into conspiracy theorist and nutjobs, so I know very little about people like Alex Jones. What I have found is people who are willing to give nut jobs a voice tend to share the same fringe ideology. They tend to focus on the 'facts' and less on the fraud. My extent of Alex Jones was about 15 minutes on Rogan, which a coworker insisted I listen to (out of mockery). I couldn't take it. I dont understand why anyone wants to promote or suppress this guy. We just need to stop talking about him so he will go away. Who cares if he thinks Sandy Hook is a coverup? Stop challenging him and stop promoting him.

Bob Lazar was another nut job I never heard about until Rogan. It was intriguing at first but Rogan finally took the reigns off and let him go wild with his conspiracy theories.

jiggyfly and TWS1986 like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What does that observation have to do with anything?

Why would anybody make that observation about this story?

We have been talking about Hunter Biden for over a year and people have been investigating and reporting about him at all outlets.

What exactly has been suppressed?

13. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Well-said.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. durvasa

Rogan has a huge platform. Yes, Alex Jones saying nutty things that will be a turn off to most people, but the effect would still be destructive because of the number of people who listen credulously and buy into his nonsense. I think you are underestimating how damaging that can be. I’m not for canceling Rogan over this, by any means, but I also understand why Spotify doesn’t want to enable that through their platform. I think Rogan should be allowed to independently put out interviews that Spotify is not OK with retaining on their platform.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’m not angry lol

I already said a long long long time ago Biden is an absolute pathetic candidate. Just piss poor. Yeah Trump is worse so f’ing what. And just about all of them are corrupt and do things that are illegal. And just get away with it.

Rogan is making a giant profit talking about. And homeboy up there and APPARENTLY you are annoyed and want to pretend that decrepit Biden is of sound mind and needs to have a stressful job running the US into his 80’s. Comical

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you could not answer any of my questions and still continue to white knight for Rogan.

And also get in another dig at Biden.

Yeah something is certainly comical.

Thanks for proving my point about Rogan fans.

RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  17. dobro1229

No. The whole "transparency in government" or "censorship" or "cancel culture" argument going on right now is just a way to try and bring normal people into an agreeable argument , then shift to what you really want to focus on.

Greenwald has an axe to grind, and wants to have relevance. Rogan has profit motive with his base of fanboys who he understands their socio-political leanings.

Yes everyone cares about censorship, and government …. when it's convenient for them to have that opinion on selective topics. It's NEVER going to be about everything though. Where is the same amount of vigorous dispute coming from Greenwald about lying about the pandemic, or lying in general from this administration that covers up and lies about everything??... Instead he wants to talk about Snowden, Hunter Biden, etc. etc.... It's complete DIRECTIONAL outrage man. I know you love Rogan and Greenwald but they are just as guilty as anyone here in media motive for purposeful direction to influence their audience.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I did answer you. I said he is doing it for a huge profit. Simple as that. It doesn’t mean he can’t have a conversation about people. He could think they are wrong or right. He is most certainly doing it for a profit. And none of that doesn’t mean he can’t do it. And wether he is doing it or not I can still have the opinion that Biden shouldn’t be president.

And it also doesn’t mean that you and dobro can’t get your panties in a bunch over it. Because you certainly are.

White knighting for Rogan lol. Don’t get testy because I am smarter than you (most likely) and because almost certainly could kick your ass in real life. How’s that for white knighting ;)??

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Rogan has a "Biden has dementia" bent. A SCW talking point.

#119 No Worries, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  20. durvasa

It's directional outrage against the deep state and media elite. There is nothing "politically right" about that. These have been targets of leftist ire for decades. It so happens that these forces are pretty clearly aligned against Trump. It is entirely possible to be critical of both.