1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Jones on Piers Morgan last night

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, Jan 8, 2013.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AtyKofFih8Y?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some very entertaining television. There are moments that even Morgan can tell that it is entertaining as well.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Can someone please ask Mr. Jones what happened to the internment camps they were going to make out of the old Austin airport around Y2K? I can only imagine they were used exactly as he predicted.

3. bobmarley

The dude is pretty entertaining. I wonder how much of the stuff he says he actually believes.

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

It is both entertaining as well as telling that some people take that guy seriously.

5. ILoveTheRockets

Jones is a nut.

He goes so extreme every time he talks, that the real facts he does produce become muddy in the process. He makes good points, but can never follow up with the points to actually get people to follow what he is saying. I like the fact he brought up Operation Gladio in this interview... Morgan is a dimwit that thinks America should bow down to his queen. How about we send some real people, with real guns to his show... lay a few pistols on a table, and ask Morgan attempt to take them. He would then see what it's like to try and take guns from American citizens. He would get cowboy boots,timberlands, steal-toes, and lugz put up his Arse.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not a fan of either of these two guys, but it would be hard for even his fans to say that Alex Jones didn't behave like an ass when he started mocking the British accent.

7. WNBA

WNBA Member

calm down. Nazi.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Why was he ****ting on his own argument? He had a chance to give the dunskies who watch CNN an argument. A stupid argument anyway since there is no limit on the firepower a government can get its hands on if it decided to turn on Americans. The time for having a dream of protecting yourself from this government ended 70+ years ago. These loons will simply go crazy with their guns if someone takes them away. They are advocating imitating the Taliban - does anyone realize that? It just happens to be that the US government serves its conservative elements much better and with far more sovereignty than the Afghani government. He's saying that if the government became corrupt and tyrannical to serve non-citizen interests, they would have an all out war and "rise". A sick mentality altogether. A very dangerous group with far too much influence, as little as it may be.

As much as I dislike Morgan, good on him for keeping his composure through that.

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Nobody made a better argument for gun control than Alex Jones last night.

Wow.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It was really bizarre. This lunatic gave the worst defense of gun ownership imaginable, and even worse, made Morgan look good. What a disaster for the mavens of the NRA. They lost a lot of fence sitters last night.

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

It was weird, every time he almost made a good point, he immediately went into looney mode. Blown opportunity for him, which is probably a good thing overall, though I would prefer his points had been made in a more sane manner in order for there to have been at least a form of discussion. Actually, it was somewhat like watching a ClutchFans D&D thread live.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Hahahaha Piers Morgan just got obliterated

Piers tried to use tiny factoid to prove his point -- Alex was right to call him out on it.

13. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

How hard it must be to be a Republican these days. If a Democrat s**** his pants on national TV, I am free to go, "Wow (fill in Dem politician here) pooped his drawers."

But Republicans insist on absolute ideological purity (at least for their paid hacks)...so poor texxie has to come here and defend this drivel and pretend that Alex Jones isn't at least a taco and an enchilada short of a combo plate. I actually feel for you texxie.

2 people like this.
  14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Piers tried very unsophisticated tactics to try to paint Alex into a corner. Anybody with even the slightest bit of knowledge of how to debate could see right through that. Alex would not let Piers employ those tactics, which is why Piers wanted to go to break or keep trying to ask those factoid questions.

15. bobmarley

The funny thing is that if Morgan would have done to Jones what Jones did to him most of you would probably be hailing a Morgan victory. Even though Jones at times would run on, he still blasted Morgan. I don't really care for either guy, but for a cable talk show I thought it was entertaining.

16. Classic

Classic Member

haha, awesome!!

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You're embarassing yourself and we're laughing at you.

18. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Talk about a false flag operation. I get a strong agent provocateur vibe from Alex Jones.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Guys I think we're in luck. I happened to stumble upon a masterclass in Alex Jones-style cunning and brilliant debate tactic which led to the demise of the usually infallible Piers Morgan. Here is some footage you should study closely if you wish to master this craft as well.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jf9MM49qgIQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm more perplexed that individuals like this exist. The fat dude in the vid and texx. Maybe, they're the same person. Literally and figuratively.