1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alejandro Pérez: "Scola will return to the Rockets next season"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1510 Polk St, Jun 13, 2015.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Fingers crossed that it is Jones who gets the axe, but most likely it'll be Smith chasing money somewhere else.

2. chandlerbang21

Heck no , move on from old rocket players. Scola was below average in indy

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't like Scola's game anymore, at his age. But I do think he fits here nicely if there are enough minutes to go around.

We need offense and he can still bring that. I cant see the team restricting him from taking midrange shots like our other post players.

Dwight I imagine will continue to sit on night 2 of back-to-back games. Should be room for a Scola. But man.... I really, really, really want consistent defensive rebounding out of my 4 and it feels like that's just not a priority when I hear Daryl speak lately.

4. robinjaswal23

robinjaswal23 Member

Would love him as a backup but as starting we need someone like Milsap. if DMO plays the 4 and Someone like Brandon Wright plays the backup then we are good

5. shawn786

shawn786 Member

D-Mo already had a good post game but think how much he could learn from Scola.

6. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

Isn't DMo the black Scola anyways?

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

It'll be awkward having both Scola and Love next year...:eek:

:p

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'd most likely be the 3rd PF behind DMo and Smith....he'd be an upgrade from Jones.

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I think we could do this but sign Smith without the MLE to the $2.5 figure and bring over Llull with the MLE instead.

Lawson/Llull/NJ
    Harden/Terry
    Ariza/Brewer
    DMo/Smith/Scola
    Howard/Capela

This is an amazing squad with rediculous depth. Llull could also backup Harden so he would get 20+ minutes a night. Plenty of rest for everyone instead of running the starters into the ground. And of course protection for injuries.

Just give Llull a headband, him running with Smith and Brewer:eek:

10. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Scola, hell yes to that!!! Winning a title without him would've been sweet, but with him is just awesome. One of the true hard workers this organisation has ever seen. I don't want to see the same PF rotation next year, Josh or TJ definitely needs to leave.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

To be honest , I would consider Scola over retaining Smith.

He's not the defender Smith is but he's more consistent offensively and has skills this roster lacks in being able to finish the pick & roll in various ways and he can initiate the offense from the high post while not making a lot of boneheaded mistakes or having you thinking NO NO NO dont take that shot! He knows his limitations and plays within them.

12. a711

a711 Member

only for the veteran min

13. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I like him if we keep Smith and DMO, but I dont want him to replace anyone other then Jones spot if we do trade Jones.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think the Rockets will offer him more than that, and if he wants to come then, it will be helpful for the team.

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Totally on board with this. Scola had a strong close to the season in Indy and can certainly be a reliable vet presence.

The other angle is that he can help Llull adjust to the NBA since they have similar stories.

16. Zbed

Zbed Member

I'm sure Dmo would be happy that Scola is coming back

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Scola might be Llull insurance, someone to give the guy a level of comfort as he acclimates to the league and to Tex-Mex. At the same time, he's still good for 12-15 quality minutes per game.

Good-bye, Josh. No MLE and bad free throw shooting. A bad mixture in trying to bring him back.

18. basketballholic

Sure would like to see Scola get ahold of Dwight and see what he could do with Dwight. We've seen his great positive influence on DMo's game.

I can see Scola graduating to a coaching role when he's done playing and it sure would be cool to see him coaching here.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd probably prefer West too but you wont sign him for the vet min. Signing Scola for that vet min doesn't hinder your ability to improve elsewhere.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, Prigioni is under contract. Manu, Scola and the recovering Delfino are all free agents. Nocioni is playing with Llull in Spain.

How many of these guys can the Rockets have?