1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alejandro Pérez: "Scola will return to the Rockets next season"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1510 Polk St, Jun 13, 2015.

1. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Conveniently left off Iggy and Livingston...

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

We are talking about the comparative place for a player like Scola on next year's roster. Nobody is suggesting that Scola would be 6th, or 7th man like Iguadola, or Livingston is. Scola would be the 4th big, at best. You go and find some examples of the 9th, or 10th (or worse) man on the roster who is this mythical "two way player."

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Yeah the originally argument was the mythical 2 way players for the vet min

4. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

Anyone know which radio station Feigen made that comment? I'm guessing that he frequents 790.

TIA

5. aznjeff

aznjeff Member

so your idea is to have 35 year old, albeit scola doesnt rely on athleticism, replace josh smith who is one of the reasons we had such a successful season. thats not going to work out. i still want scola back but we can get both

6. SeabrookMiglla

i havent seen scola play in awhile. but his current stats dont seem too bad given the amount of minutes he's played. he has pretty good FG% (46.7%) which means he doesnt take bad shots. as long as he can give us a few of those 17 ft jump shots at key moments ill be happy. http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/scolalu01.html

as we've seen, you need some veteran depth if you're going to make a deep run in the playoffs. people you can rely on whenever the young guys are struggling.

1 person likes this.
  7. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

He's a great player for fantasy line-ups. That's for sure.

8. battousai

battousai Member

I think he would be a great pickup for cheap and use him in those moments when we need bigs to shoot FT. AKA like an old vet type in case of injuries.

9. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

A slow old man???

10. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Definitely need to build off what we have. Josh Smith was big for us last year and adding Scola on a VET MINIMUM would be great for our second unit.

11. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I don't know about Josh. I love the tools in his tool box. But I swear it is like he forgets the combination to his own toolbox lock. Very frustrating. If there was some way we could get in his head and stabalize his brain and maximize his pluses and tone down his bone headed mistakes he would be so invaluable. But as he is right now. I just don't know if he is the guy that can help deliver us. Sure we don't make WCF without him. But we also don't need New Orleans to beat the Spurs to get the 2nd seed if he were not the one at the free throw line in those Spurs games we lost.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Still better than Jones.

13. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I approve of this signing, if possible. He's in the Top 5 of my favorite Rockets of the last 5 years.

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Yea maybe he'll box out when Howard goes for the block instead of going for the mythical double block.

15. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

People seem to forget this.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Interesting factoid about Scola...

8 seasons now in the NBA, he's missed a grand total of 9 games.

Slow and steady wins the race I guess...

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He still played after Kev Love's shoe stuck on his face

18. OpenLayup-Why3?

Hard to get injured when you don't run fast enough to do it, don't jump, at all, sometimes don't even play much to get tired.
    Part of me is joking, part being serious.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

3 more seasons to qualify for the max pension. I guess he's aiming for that now.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Do people really not want Josh Smith back? He was terrific for us this season.