1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ALDS start times

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by King of 40 Acres, Oct 1, 2017.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

G
    Game would be scheduled for 1 PM ET if Yankees win. However, there looks like no chance of playing from 2-6 pm ET. Rain may start letting up around 6-8 pm. It's untenable to me to have a playoff game scheduled to start that will likely be interrupted. It's totally unfair to the teams when the only reason it's not scheduled at 7:08 ET is because of TV.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Agreed. They’re going to let weather dictate the start time more than than TV.

Playing on Tuesday presents an additional challenge for the networks anyways.

#123 Nick, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  4. Buck Turgidson

This is a particular challenge since I'll have no idea what time to set my DVR to record.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Can you set it remotely with an app? I know you can with comcast and dish, no?

6. Buck Turgidson

I'm going to be out of phone range all day. Yes, those places still exist. I'll work it out.

7. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Buck I seriously doubt this gets played before 7 pm CT at earliest.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And with the off-day the next day, that should be fine.

Forecasts tend to change... them abandoning tomorrow all-together simply due to being unable to play at noon (due to TV) would be idiotic.

It weather patterns change, and Tuesday becomes a problem... then that does put travel plans and game 5 schedule times in serious jeopardy.

9. Buck Turgidson

This is exactly what I'm hoping for.

10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Official: Game 4 will be at 12:08 CST tomorrow (10:08 AM for those of us on the West Coast). Just win so we can get to night ALCS games.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If weather holds up, it won’t be starting at that time.

The good news is if its going to rain, it should already be happening by then, which will prevent them from starting and stopping.

12. AkeemTheDreem86

Do we know what time our game Friday and Saturday will be?

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There’s only one game on Friday... so it will be in the evening.

The Saturday time-slots are variable... but with the NLCS opening in LA, could they possibly do an early 6pm central start here, and a 9pm central start for there?

Wouldn’t that make more sense, ratings wise, than a 3pm start here and a 6 pm start there (which is only 4pm pacific time?)

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I have a wedding Saturday night, so hoping for a 3:00 PM or so start.

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

These seems like the most logical timing. Thanks for helping put some kind of logical schedule together

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No problem.

For Astros fans, its pretty much ideal for those who have game 1 tickets... because both game 1 and 3 of the ALCS will be the only LCS games that night.

Games 2 and 4 will share the day with the NLCS games... and even if they put LA in the late slot on the night of ALCS game 2, the game 4 day will feature a game in either Chicago or DC... which likely means the Astros will be relegated to an afternoon game for that day (unless the Yankees win, and that guarantees all night games).

BigMaloe likes this.