1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aldridge Sweepstakes Update Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jun 24, 2015.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He'd still be sharing playing time with Dirk at the same position. I don't think Aldridge wants to be forced to play center for the Mavs. And if they somehow retain Tyson Chandler so he can play center, that puts Dirk on the bench and ties up a buttload of a money in 3 players who play 2 positions. That's not a recipe for a championship.

He may be marketed as the face of the Spurs along with Kahwi and Duncan, but I don't know if he'll be the leader of that team. Duncan would still be the man and Kawhi took on a bigger role on offense last season as the year wore on. As for whether or not they were a better team than the Rockets, maybe they were. They were certainly a deeper squad(especially after D-Mo and Bev went down), but we'll never know since they lost in the first round.

If Aldridge doesn't wanna be here because he's afraid Harden and Howard would hog the spotlight, then I don't want him. I want players here who wanna win. Aldridge would get tons of shots on the Rockets. Hell, assuming D-Mo was shipped out, he'd basically be their only reliable post player and one of their best jump shooters. Other than Harden, no one would get more touches.

2. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Nice post. If he wants to win, he comes here or Cleveland. Add in the fact that Kobe is gone after next season. He isnt going anywhere with that LA team.

3. Airdough

Airdough Member

It's just sad that ESPN thinks we are all dumb. They are the only outlet pushing the everyone to LA narrative and it's only because they have an entire operation next door to Staples. Of course they want the Lakers to get everyone, the Clips and Lakers doing well would help them a lot.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He could win in San Antonio. But I don't think it's the juggernaut team everyone makes it out to be. Duncan will be 40 next year. Yes, he was terrific last season, but when someone is that old, their game and/or body could break down very quickly at any moment. And Parker ain't no spring chicken either. He just turned 33 and there are a lot of miles on him. Plus they would miss Green and Splitter(and possibly Manu).

Like I said, they can win it all if they get Aldridge and only lose Green, Splitter, and Manu. But it'll take a little luck since they'd be rolling with a pretty old team aside from Kawhi and Mills.

5. mario_v

mario_v Member

What's does LMA have against Houston? Rockets are clearly a better situation than DAL and SAS.

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

Cap space. We have none.

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

Trade Ariza, Jones, draft picks. I don't care, just get it done. Make it work.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Lakers feel pretty confident about their chances of getting LaMarcus Aldridge. Major reason they decided to go with Russell apparently.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Givony (@DraftExpress) <a href="https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/614217747241766912">June 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

I really hate the Lakers.

10. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

The Lakers are not getting LMA. It will be SA or Hou

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Another reason to get LMA - Screw Lakers again. Dwight II.

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

LMA is going to Dallas. The losers always win somehow.

13. awc713

awc713 Member

I like LMA, but I don't think he's worth the hype he's getting. He'll be 30 next year. He was 3rd in FGA last season, and only hit 46% from the field. Looking at the landscape of PFs, I just don't seem him as a top 5 PF for more than maybe a couple more years.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2015-nba-draft-winners-and-losers-062658169.html

Almost rather see him in LA than SA (or is that crazy talk?)

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why isn't Houston in one single rumor? It's quiet....too quiet....

Also, definitely rather have Aldridge on the Lakers then the Spurs. The Spurs are in our division and getting Aldridge would gift them division title for the next couple of years. Also, Lakers suck pretty bad, probably would barely be fighting for 8th or 7th seed with a healthy Kobe/Aldridge.

16. Nook

Nook Member

He is flawed, like Dwight Howard.... but just like Howard, he is worth the max.

If the Rockets can get him, they need to do what it takes. He would go a long way to getting rid of our offensive dry spells.

17. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Clarkson-Russell-Kobe-Randle-Aldridge? I think they make the playoffs for sure. And if Randle shows something this year they may have a really promising future.

18. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

I feel that the Rockets not being in any rumor is a good thing. We can fly under the radar and surprise the so called experts. I believe that LMA views the Rockets high. I do not get the LA love except for the fact LA is LA.

19. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

1) Kobe is old
    2) Clarkson was good....for a really really bad team
    3) Russell is a rookie
    4) Randle played in half a game, is essentially still a rookie coming off injury
    5) Post defense will be awful
    6) LMA playing out of position at the 5??

In the West I would be shocked if they made a run even at the 8 seed. Future is nice with Randle + Russell + Clarkson, but LMA has a few more years of being a dominant offensive force. If I'm Mitch I go for Love instead, the younger player that can grow with the team.

20. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

If LMA goes to the Lakers, I've got a good feeling of our chances with Kevin Love..