1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alan Hahn: If Rockets can find a taker, they will definitely trade Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

1. Lin's contract isn't unreasonable for what he does
    2. He's 25 and has obviously gotten better. Ceiling remains to be seen. Saying he has low upside is ridiculous.
    3. Not likely
    4. He makes rebuilding teams considerably better. In fact, the Rockets were one of them
    5. BS

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lol wow you really love to gloat in the fact that he's a "backup" now don't you? Bev's a fine player, but Lin is significantly better when healthy. He's only backup on this team because of fit. Get real.

But I would agree with you that most the teams you listed probably wouldn't want him since they already have a point guard

3. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

Melo will walked after this season,if NY can get a good assets in exchanged they will pull the trigger,the NY media had already started since last week giving a hint that Melo is gone (Stephen A. Smith) and now the Hahn's tweet,these for sure are related w/ each other.To win a championship you need a 3 superstars that are willing to work together to make it happen and IMO Melo is the missing piece for Houston and if they will include Shumpert and Felton that's even better,it's solidifies the Houston bench.For NY getting Lin/Asik/Tjones/DMO and 2 picks are good enough to rebuild so it's a win win for both teams!

4. basketballholic

Boston IS NOT tanking. They're going to the playoffs.

5. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

Lin is not going back to NY. Woodson doesn't want him. Dolan doesn't want him. But can you imagine the hype if he does?

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Morey why can't you Lin/Asik for Lebron?

wait... you mean teams dont want Scola/Martin?????????

ARE U MAKE JOKE HUA HUAAAAAAA

7. torocan

torocan Member

Boston has a good record now, but I don't think it's sustainable as the other teams get their acts together and we move through the trade deadline.

The Nets are starting to look increasingly competent and I think they'll end up winning the Atlantic with the return of Williams, assuming he remains healthy.

Boston's games will also take a hit upon Rondo's return as he adapts to playing again. And don't be surprised if Boston moves players like Wallace and Humphries for more picks/young prospects.

Brad Stevens isnt tanking, but I believe that Boston's FO is going to make some moves in an effort to accumulate more talent and picks, and slow the team down so they can position for a better pick.

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Dolan would rather have the Knicks go 6-76 than take Lin back. That's how much his pride was wounded.

10. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Let me correct you, He still on contract NEXT season, he a free agent for 2015-2016. Morey still has time to trade him. I think he will, but I'm guessing this off season or trade deadline next season.

11. adobo

adobo Member

Houston Rockets and Morey will not trade Lin that easily....I'm not saying they won't, but will want something substantial in return. They worked hard to get Lin, and they know looking at the metrics and his skill set he has the ability to post high numbers if he was made the main ball handler in a lot of teams.

However, the rockets did acquire Harden (opportunity that you could not refuse) and Harden's skillset (which is reliable) does overlap play making and scoring PG's hence thats why Bev is a good fit on the starting line up. Bev does all the intangible stuff and help on the defensive end that really compliments Harden on the floor since it allows Harden to be the playmaker and scorer.

Regarding Lin, because he is a natural scoring and playmaking PG/SG, he was put on the 6th man role to try and get him more minutes where he is the main play maker/scorer (when Harden is resting) and the flexibility where he can also sub for Bev and give the opponents a different look with 2 back court play makers and scorers at the same time. He also provides some insurance incase Bev or Harden gets injured. He is also liked by his peers off the court...so he is very valuable to this team (even if we don't include his marketing potential with the growing asian market).

As you can see, Morey will want something substantial in return....if something turns up that will provide a piece that will help this team contend then I'm sure he will think about it...but that will mean another team is willing to give up a price that Morey places on Lin.

12. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

No the point is no one will trade for him for a one year rental at 15 million.

If you trade him now teams can get some value and see if he meshes.

13. linwantsout

linwantsout Member

Actually they both wanted him. Woodson, Melo, and Tyson Chandler all had dinner in LA with Lin after that season (video was on TMZ) and talked about him re-signing with the Knicks. Woodson even said and I quote "We are not losing him, we will match up to a billion dollars"

Dolan felt betrayed by Lin signing with Houston so I dont think he would take him back.

14. Raven

Raven Member

Read my quote again. I said after next season, which means he must be moved by the 2015 trade deadline, but his value is higher now than it will be then, which is why Morey is listening to offers.

15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Dolan and Woodson don't want him only to save face....deep inside they would love to have him back.:grin:

16. linwantsout

linwantsout Member

To add to that, and I live in NY. There was such a high demand to watch Lin during that "Linsanity" era (which i hate to say) that the major cable companies Time Warner and Cable Vision had to work out a deal so everyone can view him play with the Knicks, not to mention...

Lin was responsible for MSG's stock raising up 69% which is millions as it did.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/AP4d1e7f97ad3541159d5289028114a2bf.html

Then when Lin left, MSG stock plummeted 93 million
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/lancema...d-with-houston-msg-stock-plummets-93-million/

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yeah, I think Morey understands that the way the ship is run now there is very little incentive for Lin to stick around after his contract expires. You trade him when you have the upper hand....same notion Stephen A Smith is talking about trading Carmelo Anthony...cause he's going to walk.

18. Penetrate&Creat

I find it funny that the rox added the poison pill to Lin's contract to discourage other teams from vying for him, and here they are trying to trade him now.

Welp, you reap what you sow I suppose.

19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Thing is, we're not trying to get rid of him for that reason per se. It averages out to 8.3 mil a season. Keeping him sets us up nicely for 2015 which is the goal. He was signed because we didn't have a PG at the time, and we didn't have any player to really sell seats. Times changed. We can't go wrong trading or keeping Lin at the moment.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Whosez Rox are trying to trade Lin, a NYK/MSG employee? Mr Hahn is of questionable reliability.

Did you see Marc Berman's tweet last nite (the NYPost Berman) where he posted the company line?

If it is sed in NYC it is gospel.