1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alan Hahn: If Rockets can find a taker, they will definitely trade Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Remii

Remii Member

If Lin got traded _ I wouldn't be surprised... Wasn't there rumours of Morey shopping him during the draft...???

2. Play07

Play07 Member

Besides expiring gasol/lakers deng/bulls keep a eye on Knicks 2018 pick plus shumpert they tried offering the raptors for Lowry. If morey is just trying to move Lin for reasons for cap space I spoke about in my previous post, he would consider talking that deal if he sends him to the east

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Before the injury he was actually playing the best basketball of his career. Maybe he didn't have the PER he had during the height of Linsanity, but was producing similarly at a more efficient clip, and is better at the defensive end.

I don't think they would take a step back in any trade scenario involving Lin. With Asik they are probably taking a small step back in talent, but the production you had with him on the bench collecting DNP's was a negative so in theory they are actually going to take a step forward most likely in any deal they do with him.

With Lin i'd assume they'd be taking assets collected in the Asik trade to combine with Lin at the deadline for a very, very good player/s. No way the Rockets simply move Lin just to clear his salary. There will be a high producing player coming back in any deal involving Lin… which probably makes a Lin deal very unlikely at this point in time. Possible at the trade deadline or this Summer.

1 person likes this.
  4. PatBeverleyFan

As much as you want Lin to be traded, he's untradeable. Deal with it :cool:

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

2018 is like, so far away. Like, Michael Beasley might be dead by then. It's a joke that New York can't trade any picks until that one.

6. Classic

Classic Member

you sure?

:cool:

7. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

asik and lin for turner and hawes or thad young

8. vator

vator Contributing Member

Seems like this guy is just pulling stuff out of his ass. Looks like nothing more than an assumption based on the fact that Lin is scheduled to make more next year than the Rockets want to pay.

9. Haharocket

Haharocket Member

You hate lin lol of course he would make them better. Financial if nothing else. I just wish more Asian would be in the nba that way there won't be lof because he the only Asian.

10. hamsession

hamsession Member

Looks like Lin wants out of Houston. Asik did the same thing. He told his agent he wanted out, and then his agent started leaking it out to the media to let other NBA teams know.

This is just Lin's agent starting the process.

11. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

lol.....yeahhhh right

12. dragician

dragician Member

No wonder Lin's body language lately was not so positive.

13. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

This.

"If Rockets can find take, they will definitely move _____ (You can replace Lin's name with any non-star player in any given season if the move positions the Rockets to become better)".

14. ada32

ada32 Member

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Paging Sacramento.

16. CertifiedTroll

This is surprising to me. I am not sure why we would move him unless we were getting Rondo. (My pipe dream is somehow Morey get's Conley)

17. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

That nails it.

18. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

If any team, I bet Lakers are the one interested. MDA is coach and with Kobe and his new contact they gotta be in full money making mode which could most definitely use JLin's marketability.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

No, this is Knicks ownership making a pathetic attempt to justify their decision not to match and keep Lin.

20. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Just wanted to defend Alan Hans opinion, he didnt say its a fact that Lin will be traded just if someone is going to offer then they will take. But dont worry Lin won't be traded at his rate of 15 mpg... No one will ever see how Lin plays and that'll downgrade his value to the point of diminishing returns. I mean I personally would like to see him traded, its like if Ginoboli was on the Rockets and just sat around all day collecting money.