1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alan Hahn: If Rockets can find a taker, they will definitely trade Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. FearTheBeardJH

Why would any team trade for him?

1. He is on a bad contract
    2. Limited/low upside
    3. He can leave them in 18 months since he is UFA
    4. He would make rebuilding teams slighty better which is a bad thing considering draft
    5. And contending teams are trying to win so they won't trade for Lin

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not real surprising if true. Although I don't see very much urgency at all to move Lin. Unlike Asik, he's going to fit in and help this team even if he's coming off the bench in a 6th man role.

However i have no doubt in my mind that they wouldn't think twice about moving him to upgrade the team elsewhere. Just don't think its nearly as likely as moving a lifeless lump like Asik.

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

knicks and lakers desperate for point guards.

both markets would be glad to have lin on their team LOL

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I agree he helps us. In fact, he is (before the injury) playing his best basketball as a Rocket.

Is this a case where where we take one step back to move two forward?

5. Play07

Play07 Member

Not shocking to me, when bev got the start before the season I already knew what was up and I posted it here. It's a business & morey is one of the best in it.

1. morey wanted to see if bev could compete at the starting pg level on his "cheap contract" before he made a move.

2. Signing brooks "vet min contract"

3. drafting canaan "2nd round cheap scale rookie contract"

4. Same thing goes with him signing camby this summer, asik & Lin have been on their way out. He wants that cap space to bring in players on expiring contracts to help WIN NOW, another star in a trade, or free agents this summer 2014

Keep a eye on teams that need a pg that are willing to move a expiring contract, gasol/lakers deng/bulls etc

hawes should be Asiks expiring contract move

6. Elmhurst NY

Elmhurst NY Member

Dolan is a stubborn idiot so that won't happen.

Lin with D'antony... "reunited and it feels so good..."

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Meh. We are talking about Morey here. He would trade anybody on the team, plus the mascot and dancers, if he can find a taker willing to pay the right price.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Knicks is probably the best fit for Lin.....Lin/Kobe is going to be the same boat as Harden/Lin. Deep inside Dolan probably wants Lin back but his ego is just too much.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Looks like it was on his show today http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play

If a replay shows up, I'll put it up.

10. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

this.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

A 15 million expiring contract (not that it is one I believe) is quite tradeable to any team looking for cap room . This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Zero cred + lock the thread.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'd be pretty surprised if Lin went anywhere this year. I hope not, anyway... we need him.

13. basketballholic

Lin is owed right around $20 million this year and next..maybe slightly less. Same with Asik.

Ben Gordon is making $13.2 million. If we traded Lin for Gordon straight up that 's the same thing as Charlotte paying Lin around $8 million on an expiring contract for next year. To say Lin is untradeable is a farce. He's very tradeable. Destinations? One of these: Milwaukee, Orlando, Chicago, Boston, Charlotte, Lakers, Knicks.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Random soundbite from a new member, with the name LinWantsOut.

Cool:grin::cool::rolleyes:

15. rocketblood713

LinWantsOut ? lol shouldnt it be AsikWantsOut

16. J Hard

J Hard Member

Either way, less of Lin more of AB.

17. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

Yup, it's gonna happen....

18. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

This is not even remotely credible. This is worse than Chris Broussard's "multiple sources". Might as well start posting opinion pieces from Bleacher Report as news.

1 person likes this.
  19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Hahn is a paid shill for the Knicks, who are a garbage team lacking any kind of credible PG play. The "why didn't they match Lin" argument has been brought back of late by many Knicks fans (and rightfully so), which means it's time for Dolan's men to put out hit pieces on Lin and his contract. Most are misleading if not totally inaccurate, as evidenced by Hahn's continued refusal to acknowledge that the luxury tax impact is $8.3 million, not $15 million.

On this subject, Hahn is a professional troll. Ignore and move on.

1 person likes this.
  20. shawn786

shawn786 Member

This being the ONLY source this is coming from I will won't take it seriously unless other news outlets pick up the same thing, most importantly Yahoo.