1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alan Hahn: If Rockets can find a taker, they will definitely trade Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

I think Lin is underrated by the rest of the league while overrated by members of his fan base.

The truth is if teams where lining up to get Lin we would have heard it by now.

2. yummyhawtsauce

I think Lin is going to Boston or Chicago. o.o

3. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Doesn't look like it. Looks like he is staying for now at least.

That contract makes him difficult to trade.

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I honestly don't feel that Jeremy Lin's injury in the play-off was the cause of his poor play. he played like crap before he supposedly got hurt. He's playing good this year though, so this is a damned if i do damned if i don't approach when it comes to Lin. i'm content with keeping Lin, but would not mind if he was traded either.

5. TTNN

TTNN Member

I don't think it is that contract make it difficult, it is more of what people could give up to trade Lin. Since Rocket is a contending team, it is not that other GMs could just dump whatever or even just serviceable player to Rocket to pass Morey. Morey is looking for game changing player.

I think it could be easier if Morey was looking for a trade with Lin to get back some assets, and then package the assets together with Omar for the star player Rockets really needs. But since Omar make it known that he is not happy, that make everything much more difficult. It would be much harder to package Lin with assets for a star. Then with Lin himself, there is not much room to trade for an upgrade.

6. RRockets

RRockets Member

If Bev fits so well with the lineup of Howard, Harden, etc., then which PG in the league wants to come to Houston as the backup PG?

7. zdrav

zdrav Member

Actually, Lin had an awesome April leading up to the playoffs. He averaged around 18 pts and 7 asts. His FG% was about 46 and his 3pt% was about 38.

Facts=Useful.

8. quizone

quizone Member

Good question. Is there a better fit or is it just an excuse/

9. Razsan

Razsan Member

Honestly I don't get the Rockets management. Why not just let Lin play? Average players don't drop consecutive 30 point games. Sure he has some TO's but don't they all? Our beloved Harden is a turnover machine (if you claim Lin is) at about 1 per/10 minutes. Jeremy has improved his game where they asked him to.
    Ask yourselves this. If you took the 2nd half of the season Lin and said I'll give you a better shooter wouldn't that be acceptable? Remember post All-star he averaged 15 and 6 with less than 3 TO's a game. He shot .455 and .375 from 3.

10. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

A better fit in the sense it gives the ball to Harden more often.

11. Neped

Neped Member

Lin needs the ball in his hands like Damian Lilliard, maybe he can be traded to a pg dominate team like Portland.

12. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

Just trade Jeremy already.

I want to see him go to another team and tear it up on another team.

I want Mcfail to see that he made a huge mistake by not starting jeremy.