1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Al Jazeera America launches today

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dmc89, Aug 20, 2013.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

His bias deeply shapes his opinions, to the point that it overrides any kind of sound logic. I discovered that years ago with him. Best not to engage because he cannot reason with you.

Frankly it is frightening that he is teaching people.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

According to your buddy texxx you've lost the argument by resorting to insult. But most of your posts seem to resort to that. It doesn't reflect well on you.

Obviously my observation is based on what they've done so far. If they change over time, I'll change my observation and opinion just like I've done about CNN.

From time to time I type carelessly. BFD.

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It's scary as hell. There's no doubt about it. How unfathomable. LOL.

I guess you've lost the argument since you're resorting to personal insult again.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

In other words, you just like to babble.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Keep those insults coming. HAHAHAHA LOL.

This was a post about a news station. I posted something that was on topic and based on actual observation.

You're more than welcome to put me on ignore or not read anything write on this board.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Your half-assed internet bullying attempts are pretty funny. I don't blame for you being amused by yourself because it's kind of funny. I'm glad you have a sense of humor about yourself.

Here's the recap.

I made a post about my observations of the network.

You incorrectly assumed that my opinion was somehow immovable and set in stone and tried to call me an idiot to think like that.

I pointed out that my opinion would definitely change if the network proved to have more of a bias or was something different than what I've observed.

Perhaps embarrassed by your own ill-advised jumping to conclusions regarding my post, you tried to pawn it off on me again.

And now you post an unfunny gif that isn't really applicable.

What you post isn't funny. But you posting is pretty amusing.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

9. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Embarrassing...

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

11. da1

da1 Member

12. da1

da1 Member

The idiot is you, al jazeera is a very good channel.

13. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I got brownie points for citing Al Jazeera on a memo...it has a good reputation for being unbiased.

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Were they the good brownies?

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

still pissed off Current TV closed down. It was one of the reasons I switched to Comcast from Direct TV therebye losing that channel which is now Al Jazeera.

Of course I was offered a good deal and their is a local bb team I can now watch.:)

How is Al Jazeera? I have seen it a few times while in hotels in Europe and Turkey.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It's really pretty solid. They just report the news. Sometimes they'll cover angles that no mainstream outlets cover, like the effect of ACA on Native Americans (saw that story just a few minutes ago).

I also just caught France 24 for the first time today. I think it's mostly about how news affects France. So they were talking about the NSA spying on France.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Put it this way, it's as biased as Fox or MSNBC or CNN, but in a different way.

There's never really going to be unbiased news. The best you can hope for is a basket of different types of bias, from which you can deduce something close to unbiased. Al Jazeera offers a perspective definitely lacking in US media, and at the same time a perspective that does not accurately represent Arab/Muslim public opinion.

Take it for what it's worth.

18. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i have hope for something unbiased... or at least a little less biased, and a source that will actually report the news rather than entertainment and fluff news.

"Ebay founder to launch independent mass-market news venture"
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/16/us-omidyar-media-newventure-idUSBRE99F10Y20131016