1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Al Horford on the market?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Oct 14, 2014.

1. photojoe

photojoe Member

Yes. Yes. Hell yes.

I would trade the NOP pick in a heartbeat for Al Horford. I would even include one of TJones/D-MO and then whatever other filler was necessary to match contracts and get that deal done.

Al Horford (or Lamarcus Aldridge) is my pipe dream player for the Rockets. I would rather have him than when we were pursuing Carmelo or Chris Bosh. He would fit our team really well.

A starting five of Beverley-Harden-Ariza-Horford-Howard would be sick. Horford would be able to move back to PF, something that he has wanted to do for a long time. He would be able to spend some minutes at Center if we needed him to. He would help our defense against opposing PF's (LMA in last year's playoffs is still giving me nightmares). He would take pressure off of Dwight with our interior defense and defensive rebounding. His shot and offense would make it much, much, much more difficult for opposing teams to double Dwight.

Seriously. Look at that starting 5. Every single one of those players is a plus defender except for Harden. Harden-Howard and Horford are all good offensive players. Ariza is a good shooter. Beverley isn't the greatest offensive player, but playing with those other 4 he would be good enough.

Not only that...imagine the way that we could use the "H"-Town slogan from last year!

I know it is only a pipe dream. And I would be cool if we traded for Millsap. But I would be ecstatic if Morey was able to pull off a trade for Horford somehow.

2. AkeemTheDreem86

Ariza/Horford/Howard is plain scary to think about.

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Chris Sheridan is the John Mclain of the NBA

4. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

its happening

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

6. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. photojoe

photojoe Member

Chris Sheridan just quoted Zach Lowe. All they said was that he might be potentially available, no mention of the Rockets possibly pursuing him. But if there is any chance that he might be, I hope that Morey is pursuing every possible option of getting him.

8. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

You don't know Morey then.

He's already on the phone trying to use his wizardry.

9. rocketseagles07

this.....

10. delishman

delishman Member

Can't imagine we have enough.

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Morey would not do it..

12. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Horford is a complete beast, but I really don't want another perpetually injured guy with a max contract.

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

I don't really think so either. Depends on what the Hawks are looking for, and at this point Atlanta might be one of the hardest situations to figure out as they are going through their new ownership and the mess this offseason about the Luol Deng comments.

I bet Atlanta will go into the season with the squad that they have. Jeff Teague-Kyle Korver/Sefolosha-Demarre Carroll-Millsap-Horford is a decent lineup that should compete for a playoff spot in the East.

But if they got off to a bad start....
    And if NOP also got off to a bad start to make the NOP pick look more valuable....
    And if we have a young player get off to a surprisingly good start....
    (some pretty big if's)

Atlanta might decide to tear it down and rebuild. If they did, we could offer a potential lottery pick in NOP, an expiring contract in Jason Terry, a young PF in either Jones or D-Mo, and then if we had any other young talent that gets off to a good start this season (Daniels, Johnson, Papanikolau, Canaan...).

It seems like a big stretch. I'm not going to hold my breath or anything, the chances are pretty low. But it is awesome to dream about.

14. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

wait wut?

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

We are really overvaluing this Pelicans pick.

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

I love how I have been saying since last season that the Rockets should work a trade for Horford somehow and everyone acted like I was stupid and who would want him. Now, everyone acting like, WOW! Horford!! That would be AMAZING!!! :rolleyes:

17. Swishh

Swishh Member

After missing out on Bosh, Al Horford is literally the best fitting power forward for this team (excluding untouchables like Griffin, Aldridge, Love) .

Give them whatever they want - that Pellies pick, future picks, Jones - whatever it reasonably takes.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He wasn't really available until now.

19. Swishh

Swishh Member

Uh...he is definitely a top 20, maybe 25, player when healthy.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Not outlandish at all. Healthy Horford is a consistently solid beast who, like Bosh and LMA, would solidify our starting lineup and solve our backup 5 problems in one fell swoop.