1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Al Horford meeting with Rockets on Friday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

What if you give Max to both Conley and Horford though? Not sure if it is possible, just a question. I think that is an overpay worth taking at this point.

2. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

Could the plan be to bring back Howard and pair him with Horford? I know Horford has always wanted to play PF next to a good center. Maybe they'll both end up in ATL

3. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Horford unlikely to sign without Durant, and Durant unlikely to even grant meeting before major HOU upgrade. Too many moving parts to be feasible. Wish they would focus on Batum.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Yes please. Then get a PF

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

A Horford/DMo/Capela front court is very enticing. And if Durant commits, you could have some very interesting lineups with Durant at the 4.

6. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

Finally some good news. Guess I'll be f5'ing all day at work today and tomorrow.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Horford is a PF

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

That wouldn't be good enough, that's the 3rd of 4th seed in the west (depending on where KD goes) and the 4th or 5th best team overall.

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Huh. They have the ability to easily create two max slots with a star player already here and no state income tax. Media don't like to admit it but this is an attractive situation.

10. Big Time Titan

Not worth $20M a year much less $25M. I can already tell we're gonna overpay for 2nd and 3rd tier guys. I like Horford but a 15p 9r guy doesn't deserve max money.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That has played center for almost all of his career.

12. Aydge

Aydge Member

Hell yes!

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

think about how good he'd be if he actually played his natural position. He's been forced to play center his whole career because ATL had Josh Smith for most of his career. But he's certainly no stretch 4, and that may be what Houston is looking for. In which case, they probably plan to play him as a 4/5 combo big.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So the Hawks is going to swap their center with the Rockets and then they will go to the eastern final in 2017 while the Rockets will be in the lottery the first time in the Harden era?

Can't script better than this.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Might actually be legit, Berman tweeted it.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My point is that since he's played center so much, he'd play it anywhere he goes at least a little bit if only to counter small ball.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets weren't in the lottery this season, what makes you think they'd be in the lottery next season?

18. Sanity2disChaos

is it possible they can add a fourth piece after trading Ariza/Bev/Pick for a PG or Big?

While adding Horford and Durant??

???
    Hardem
    Durant
    Horford
    Capela

I know this has been mentioned is why I ask...

Rubio
    Harden
    Durant
    Horford
    Noel

But im wanting a better option at the 1...

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

I don't see the fascination with Horford. A career 14ppg and 9rpg with a couple of assists. Slow footed. Career low in rebounds last year as his career high in 3's attempted went up. I don't see why DMO can't do that with Horford's minutes. I'd only care to bring in Horford if we brought Dwight back or got Whiteside.

1 person likes this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

C, PF, it doesn't matter anymore. $20m, $25m, it doesn't matter anymore. We need dynamic talent. That's it. The only worry for me is his history of injury.