1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Al-Farouq Aminu to test free agency

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MattM, Apr 30, 2015.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Rockets doubled Dirk and flashed doubles on Monta. Yes Ariza struggled but Ariza also has a ton more data to pool than Aminu. Aminu sucked ALL YEAR plus the fact that he sucked for 4 years prior. If you want to use 5 games to say Aminu is now better than Ariza then you must be Aminu's agent.

#61 REEKO_HTOWN, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

5 game sample size is so hot right now.

Why don't you compare Harden and Lillard or Aldridge last playoffs? - obviously, the Rockets should have taken Carl Herrera's advice and dumped Harden for one of those guys after last season based on a 6-game sample size.

3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

someone will overpay for him. i don't trust him as a shooter which he shot like 28% from 3's and 40% total in the regular season. the series was a lot of running up and down the court which played to his strength so we'll see how he'll play in a full season next year.

btw harden had a great series.

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

LOL GTFO with 5 game sample

5. HTM

HTM Member

I hope Murray drives up the price on Cuban

6. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

I read this comment with a Yoda voice in my head. Highly recommend.

7. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

If I were Aminu's agent, the first thing I show would be the stats from this series. Trust me, Aminu will get paid this summer.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Of course they would be. Too bad Carroll Dawson isn't a GM anymore.

9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Would you be ecstatic if in the next series Ariza shoots like Aminu in the last series, small sample size or not?

10. Nook

Nook Member

BRO..... Al-Farouq-Khalid-Al-Amin-Aminu shot 67% on three pointers in the 120 minutes he played in the playoffs against the Rockets!

OBVIOUSLY he is a better three point shooter than Curry!

Imagine what a great coach like Mark Jackson could do with him? I bet once Marcus Jackson brought him to Jesus, "Frank" Aminu could give Jordan a run for his money!

Why didn't Morey trade up to get Frank??????

11. SamFisher

You mean, shoots like Aminu's career 27% from distance?

No I would not be ecstatic

Shoots like Ariza's career 34%?

Still not ecstatic

Shoots like Ariza in Washington or 2009 Lakers Playoff Ariza?

Ecstatic.

Get it?

12. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Unfortunately, we may never see the Wizard/Lakers Ariza, not at least until Ariza's next contract year.

I would take Aminu's 3&D than Ariza's D, because Ariza got no 3.

13. Nook

Nook Member

"But why male models?"

What is there to understand?

Aminu shot 27% from 3's this season.... he has not improved since he entered the league. Ariza shot around 35% THIS SEASON and almost 40% LAST SEASON.

If anyone "got no 3" it is Aminu.

14. SamFisher

You'd take a guy who attempted 70 fewer three pointers than Ariza made this year, at a worse clip as your volume three point shooter, because YOU KNOW HE WENT 7-11 over 3 games once!

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

lolwut.
    Ariza is the definition of 3&D. Aminu is all D.

16. MattM

MattM Member

The beauty is that we don't necessarily need DM to drive the price up. Dallas will need to beat ANY offer Aminu gets. I'm not saying we should go after this guy, but I found the situation very intriguing since he's up and coming coupled with the reality that many Mavs fans are realizing how ridiculous the decisions made by their organization are! Dallas doesn't develop players like Houston does, they go after guys who have sold lots of jerseys in the past - Ha!

I'm guessing they will end up signing Aminu to a 4-year 40M type deal and end up getting hosed just like did with Parsons.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Most of Aminu's 3 were wide open from the corner because Harden didn't feel he had to commit due to the scouting report on his generally poor shooting (plus Harden just being lazy at times). I'm pretty sure he was focused hard on his upcoming contract when he got the chance to start and play significant minutes in these playoffs.

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Did you even watch the fukin series?

Aminus #'s look good because he took like 2 3's a game and most of his 2pt % is sky high because they were fast break dunks.

please stop posting

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I kind of want him to go to the Lakers, but if he gets 40 mil with Dallas, that'll float my boat.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Aminu shot 27% this season, just like last season, just like all 5 of his seasons.
    Ariza was 35% on tne season, and folks moaned and groaned....

Just because he hit 7 of 11 in the playoffs does not mean he will suddenly become a great 3 point shooter. Not a good enough defender to carry on the offensive end. I would match KJ rather than pursue Aminu.